New(ish?) web browser

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by jetteh22, Sep 9, 2008.

1. jetteh22

jetteh22 New Member

New(ish?) web browser

http://www.torchmobile.com

I downloaded it and it seemed pretty nice but I only used it for a few minutes cause I tried to update it and.... i ran out of memory on my phone :S I don't have a storage card yet, obviously got to get one lol...

Search forums didn't see this already but sorry if i'm posting something thats already known..

Seems to load pages pretty quick and the views are nice (and some cool effects too).. Has "tabs" so you can be on multiple pages at the same time and it's pretty customizable.

Give it a try.
  2. k_semler

k_semler New Member

Thanks. :) I'll give it a shot. Does it support Flash?
  3. jetteh22

jetteh22 New Member

No, I don't believe it does. Think we'll have to wait for skyfire to open up for private beta to get the built-in flash. But it's not a big deal to me. When i get my mem card 2morrow i'll proly use this browser or just regular ole IE til skyfire comes out.
  4. k_semler

k_semler New Member

Did you try the code "phelps8" when you signed up? I used that code, and I instantly got access to the *.cab. http://www.skyfire.com/sign-up
  5. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

ahhh, the Iris browser....

tried it a few months back. It was buggy then. Would crash & burn after 30 seconds or so. Not sure if this is a newer version.
  6. jetteh22

jetteh22 New Member

Still didn't work. Used a different email address and another phone number that I have, didn't get the .cab just the same confirmation stuff I had before
  7. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

if you PM me with the first email you used with the code I can resend the validation for you.
  8. jetteh22

jetteh22 New Member

Oh. Does anybody still have the .cab or will this not work? Or is it against the law here? Not sure what you mean by you'll resend the validation code?
  9. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

I'm a mod on the skyfire forums, if you Send me the email address that you used to sign up I can resend the text for you as long as the account is validated, which it should be if you used the code.
  10. Shemmy

Shemmy New Member

11. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

it's still a little slow for my liking, I guess I've been spoiled by skyfire...
  12. Shemmy

Shemmy New Member

The company is quick to respond to feedback, see below:

13. azdps

azdps New Member

*Iris Browser Unstall Problem

Hey, I like others downloaded the Iris browser; the newest ver. I think. After decided I did'nt like it, I uninstalled it like any other App., even checkinging every file for "residule" Iris content, not finding any, but now even with it gone, when I try to open a hyperlink from a text or e-mail, I get the error message saying "Can't find 'IrisBrowser' (or one of it's component's). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all the required libraries are available." First, like I said, I un installed it, and never made it my Default Browser when givin the chance. I've hard booted it, re programed it, *22899 it, all with no change. I'm really just trying to avoid the Master Reset. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks !
  14. Shemmy

Shemmy New Member

Did you uninstall through ActiveSync or through the settings utility on your phone?
  15. azdps

azdps New Member

Uninstall

I removed it through settings like I've done with previous apps., including the Opera browser. I JUST NOW got done finishing up installing my programs after doing the master reset; which fixed the problem, when I saw your reply... Thanks allot for your help though !!!
  16. Shemmy

Shemmy New Member

BUMP!!

Torch Mobile has released the 2nd beta of Iris, 1.0.15 - it definitely performs faster and renders better. They also now allow you to set where the cache is - on my install, it defaulted to the IE cache folder I have set on my memory card.

I suggest re-evaluating the software, there has been a definite improvement.
  17. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Hey, it supports tabbed browsing. Neat.
  18. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

have you tried it ?
  19. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Nope. Just browsing the info page.
  20. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

Didn't see any screenshot on the site...i'd like too.