New Homescreen concept?

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by KillerQ, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Prosper

Prosper New Member

Size the profile down to 1, change the clock plugin size to 212. Leave everything else like it is (especially the valign settings of the background tag!). You'll have an offset of 1px for the clock etc then, but it should work :)
  2. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Glad it's working.... now see if you can get JUST the clock to show in the corner....good luck!

Lol,

Matt!
  3. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

not totally getting this one... profile ? i use this for my clock in the icon-bar:

4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

thx... got a good "partner in crime" (read Prosper :}

and isn't it suppose to snap to that full screen, because it doesn't... i set the RefreshInterval to 10 minutes and the SnapbackInterval to 10 seconds.
  5. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

actually it did work
    i was just stupid and loaded the .psd file rather than the jpeg file:laugh2:

i had a thought
    if we have a missed call screen should this image plugin go after the missed call screen?
    this way it will show up first rather than the image?
  6. Prosper

Prosper New Member

The profile plugin is the plugin I named as "full page image plugin". You'll see that when you hit the action key while being on the image page. We needed a selectable plugin there, so I took this one. You can also change that to messaging, calendar or whatever you want to be launched when clicking the action key on this page.
  7. Prosper

Prosper New Member

If the missed calls plugin is above the image plugin, it will on top if there's a call. If it's under the image plugin, you'll have to d-pad down once to see the missed calls screen.
    So I'd put the missed calls screen to the very top, then the image plugin, then the other plugins.
  8. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

ah ok thats what i thought
    ill have to change that up!

thanks!
  9. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

so i change the full screen to 1px and then the icon-bar to 213 ?
  10. Prosper

Prosper New Member

I thought you wanted to put the clock to other positions on the screen..?

If you want the iconbar on top, that would be correct. Make sure to have valign="bottom" in the background tag of the iconbar. Otherwise the image won't align correct.
  11. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

yea, i would still like to see the entire icon-bar for various reasons... so basically i want the icon-bar, full screen (well minus icon-bar height) and then the bottom bar (Start - Contacts)

also isn't this method suppose to "snap" back to full screen 'cuz it is not, i think :]
  12. Prosper

Prosper New Member

Yah .. reduce the height of "full page image plugin" to 1, and set iconbar height to 212.

Well ... works on WM6 (at lest on key lock)...
  13. bootheresa

bootheresa New Member

The new smartToolkit is fantastic! It gives you a start screen with analog, digital clocks, blank screen or add what you want. It works right along with the auto-lock program built into it. I have not had any problems with it yet.Prosper have you checked the links I gave earlier? Boo
  14. Prosper

Prosper New Member

I did. Though I think it's the same version I already had (RC3). I can't see anything that changed since RC3 (if this really is RC4).

//edit
    Ok, really a newer version. The analog clock of the screensaver slightly changed its style ;)
  15. bootheresa

bootheresa New Member

He just came out with a newer version RC4C Here: http://www.pxdxa.com/read.php?tid=50355&fpage=0&toread=&page=6
  16. Prosper

Prosper New Member

17. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

Hey Prosper- Is it not possible to put a different image behind the Facade calendar plugin? I've been wanting to move my calendar to a whole full height 2nd page with a different background.

Playing around with your codes, I can get a different image for page 2 (no calendar on top), 3rd page calendar (HS image).

Here's what I'm trying (this is inserted after my lowest plugin on the HS):

<plugin clsid="{95976968-45D5-40c9-9779-2B859B1C2FEC}" name="Fullpage Image" height="212" >
    <background bgimage="\Application Data\Home\xp_mobile.jpg" valign="top" />
    </plugin>

<plugin clsid="{C49CEC80-D445-407C-AA72-C263EDBBAC96}" name="FacadeSchedule" type="Schedule" landscapeHeight="212"/>

The xml doesn't like a </plugin> at the end of the schedule plugin (still works).

Can't it be as simple as just having the calendar plugin, full height, different image? or is this defying the 2 page homescreen rules? Thanks!

Uhh, never mind, I think I'm getting it!!!
  18. Prosper

Prosper New Member

You should be able to put Facade schedule view at 213 height, and totally delete the so called "full page image plugin". This is just a place holder. It isn't required to show a different background behind Facade or other plugins.

Try something like this:

<plugin clsid="{C49CEC80-D445-407C-AA72-C263EDBBAC96}" name="FacadeSchedule" type="Schedule" landscapeHeight="213" >
    </plugin>
  19. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

as i kinda expected, it pushes the regular home screen all the way down.. out of sight :]

i "discovered" it snaps on keylock, but the picture does not appear until i unlock the Q (which is the same problem as i had with the full screamn mssed call)
  20. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Wow...

This thread caught on like wild fire! I hope everyone was able to benefit from this. Seriously, it adds a whole new side to my Q

Great,

Matt!