New Homescreen concept?

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by KillerQ, Sep 30, 2007.

1. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

New Homescreen concept?

Hey all,

I was wondering if there was anything out there like this already... Since having the perfectly laid out homescreen (functionality, design, ect) along with your favorite background image is not always possible, i was thinking of something...

What if you could setup a homescreen (or any homescreen for that matter) so that after a certain amount of time, your homescreen would revert to an image that filled the background -- perhaps the time as well, but that's it. Then, after, and only after hitting a designated key, the homescreen would "wake up," the background image would go away, and the regular homescreen would show.

At least this way, we could enjoy a cool picture when the phone is in idle, and then get to the functionality of a nice homescreen when we want...

Ya know, now that I think of it, I have the AutoKeylock 4.0 by (http://maniac.fschreiner.de/content/view/60/1/) and that has a screen saver function -- in the last version of that software, the screen saver froze, and I never tried it again. if i get that screen saver working, would that do what I described above?

The reason i wrote this, is because I am in love with the facade blue homescreen from facade 1.3, but still want to see a full screen Halloween picture -- they both don't work together well...lol

**Update, ok, I just tried the screensaver option of the auto keylock program - that's exactly what I am talking about -- except, it's phone info and stuff that shows on the screensaver on a blank screen... Now, if there were only a way to have an image show up instead of a solid color......then it's perfect.

Thanks,

Matt!
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

i was going to suggest that key lock program
    but like you said it wasnt that great....unfortunately i dont know of any other programs that do something like that
    it would be pretty cool if there was though
  3. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Hockey,

Hello,

Actually, I have had pretty good luck with the keylock program, granted the interface isn't the best. I like the fact that I can customize reminders for missed calls - without having to install phonealarm, which i think is overkill. And AutoKL is pretty reliable.

Yea, i'll keep my eyes peeled for a prog that will put an image over the homescreen until a key is pressed, etc...

Do you use anything for a keylock/reminder program similar to autokeylock? By the way, 4.0 is out now, and it fixed a lot of bugs.....perhaps you should give it another shot...

Thanks,
    Matt!
  4. n99hockey

havent tried v4.0
    might give that a go

but for missed call reminders i just have my missed call screen that displays over my homescreen
  5. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

I see -- but I was talking about how I can set the alert and vibration interval through keylock to remind me of missed alerts.

For example, I get an SMS and the normal default tone goes off. Then after 2 minutes of not checking, Keylock automatically sets of a different tone -- then at 3 minutes keylock tells the Q to vibrate... These intervals and tones can be independently set. It's great.

Thanks,

Matt!
  6. n99hockey

very interesting

i also went to that site you listed and didnt see the download link to v4
  7. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Yea,

I had that problem too -- for some reason, the guy didn't add it to the download section -- you can get to it from the front page -- look at the top HERE. In addition, hockey, a quick glance over the 'manual' here will make things a lot more clear... HERE

Also, I am not into computer programing (as far as software goes), but I was wondering how hard it would be to look in the files of autokey lock and change some parameters so that it shows a picture instead of the stuff that's already there... ack, too much for me. I contacted the creator - i'll keep you updated..

**Edit** Actually, at the bottom of the 'manual' page i listed above, there are some registry keys that can be edited to change certain things that the creator describes. I wonder if the screensaver color area of the registry can me messed with to add a picture.... hmm.. I'll post in the hacks section -- and see if they want to play...

Thanks,

Matt!
  8. n99hockey

thanks for the links
    as for changing parameters i wouldnt know
    i stay away from that stuff mostly cuz im clueless...hahaha
  9. Prosper

Prosper New Member

I thought some kind of Screensaver included in the main homescreen a few days back. Mainly, I wanted to put a phoneAlarm line on the top of the first page, then a big analog clock using Retro, then a digital clock and the date using the built-in plugin. On the second page, all the information is listed (Facade, profile, probably a calendar?)... Will see when I can give that concept a go :)
  10. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

cool...

....unless, of course, there is software already out there that lets you add a screensaver with a picture of your choice to a WM5 QVGA (Moto Q) device....then that would be the ticket.

I have actually seen screen savers -- but they are all premade - none let you pick your own pictures...

Matt!
  11. Prosper

Prosper New Member

SmartToolKit is going to have that ;) The latest beta build (RC 3) already got that feature. But it also replaces your Start Menu, and your Softkeys.

Checkout the latest build here:
    http://smarttoolkit.mobi/

(I think the newest build is always there ... Make sure it's RC3)
  12. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Screen saver right under out noses?

Hey --

I just thought of this while in the shower (there, take that!)....

On the homescreens that people have made on here that have the full-screen missed call screens, is there a way to set that screen to pop up after x amount of seconds?

If so, then they could simply create another screen (that could be replaced with any picture of our choosing) that would pop up (like a missed call screen) and show the screen we want to see...

Does that make sense?

Always thinking (unfortunately),

Matt!
  13. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Yea,

I wasn't so hot on the SmartToolKit menu takeover. I get that confused with SKTools apps sometimes...

Matt
  14. Prosper

Prosper New Member

Nope, that doesn't work.

Another idea:
    The homescreen should snap back to the very first plugin on the screen after a few seconds/minutes and when you keylock your device. So you could place the profile plugin or whatever with height 213 on top of your homescreen and give it your background image. You would have to d-pad down once if you want to use your homescreen the normal way. Would that be an option?
  15. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Prosper,

Yea, that would be beautiful! Just something to where a picture that I want will fill the screen entirely, until I hit a button, then the regular homescreen pops up.... Is this something you have written already? I am anxious to test it out! Good thinking..

In addition, if that xml code could simply be inserted into any homepage's .xml, the that would be sweet! See, like i mentioned, I use the facade 3.1 facade blue screen, and I love it -- but if i could toss this code in there that enables be to have a pic stay on the screen, until i scroll down once, then that would be great!

I think bringing this to light would really catch on with people!

Thanks,

Matt!!
  16. Prosper

Prosper New Member

The code would be quite simple.

<plugin clsid="{95976968-45D5-40c9-9779-2B859B1C2FEC}" name="Full page image plugin" height="213">
    <background bgimage="\Application Data\Home\image.jpg" />
    </plugin>

Insert this code into one of your homescreens (at the very top, right after the colorscheme section). You should then be able to use Facade Settings' plugins list to insert it into other layouts automatically. The image used is in \Application Data\Home\, named image.jpg (you can also change that path of course).

Hope this works :)
  17. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

I have to run to the store... But I will check it out when I return.... I'm excited!

Thanks,

Matt!
  18. n99hockey

i tried this out and i got the 'layout you have selected blah blah blah'
    image name is correct
    added it right below the color scheme line but just above my missed call screen image
    anythoughts?
  19. Prosper

Prosper New Member

Hmmmm.. Probably rebooting? Reloading the homescreen?

Otherwise, probably something like this is needed:

<plugin clsid="{95976968-45D5-40c9-9779-2B859B1C2FEC}" name="Full page image plugin" height="213">
    <background state="selected" bgimage="\Application Data\Home\image.jpg" />
    </plugin>

Or even given the plugin another name? Not sure if spaces are allowed .....
  20. n99hockey

got it!
    it was the first one you posted

i was just stupid and copied the .psd file and not the jpg file:laugh2: