New Homescreen/Color Schemes

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by Rhstevenson, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Rhstevenson

Rhstevenson New Member

New Homescreen/Color Schemes

Hello, I've added a new homescreen and three color schemes with backgrounds to my page at http://rhstevenson.com/q.html
    So if anyone's interested you can head over to see what's going on. Also i've added a Qdownloads section with some useful programs you might like. Hope it's helpful to some! Thanks,
    Robert

PS Here's some pics of two of the homescreens.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
  2. tj!2k6

tj!2k6 New Member

sweet! thanks for sharing! :)
  3. Rhstevenson

Rhstevenson New Member

Just trying to give back to the community!! Thanks for taking the time to check things out!
  4. polkayman

polkayman New Member

Cant get the Home Screen Layout to work any suggestions??
  5. Rhstevenson

Rhstevenson New Member

When you say you can't get it to work, do you mean that it's not showing up on the list of available Home Screens?
    Make sure you have copied all files into the "\Application Data\Home" directory on your Q. Then go into Home Screen under Settings and it scroll through the Home Screens. It should be there.. The color scheme should be whichever you downloaded, and the background should be set to default. Let me know if that helped at all!

Also in regards to installing .cabs, the way i do it is to go to Explore with Activesync and drag the cab over to my device. After that i go into File Manager on my Q and navigate to where i dragged the .CAB file. Once i'm there i just click on the .CAB and it installs itself.

Hope that helps!
  6. polkayman

polkayman New Member

When I set the (Home Screen=Wegs) (Color Scheme=Wegs) & my (Background Image=Default), I get a screen that says Ringer off the layout I have selected cannot be loaded.
  7. Rhstevenson

Rhstevenson New Member

"Ringer off?" You get that in an error message? I'm not sure I know what's going on because i've never seen that before. Is anyone else having problems? I just checked the XML on mine by renaming the home screen and it worked fine. Are you using Facade or anything that might interfere?

I'm sorry i can't give you a solution! I'm not sure what's going on.. :(
  8. Rhstevenson

Rhstevenson New Member

Just a thought, have you tried both of the themes? If not try the other one and see if the same problem happens, out of curiosity..
    Thanks!
  9. SixFootSixx

SixFootSixx New Member

Thank you sharing these!!! They are great and so is your site. Keep 'em comin'.
  10. Rhstevenson

Rhstevenson New Member

Glad you liked it! Thanks!
  11. burky

burky New Member

is there a way to run your green theme with fizz weather?
  12. Rhstevenson

Rhstevenson New Member

You know, i don't have Fizz but i'll play around with things and see if i can get them to work..
    Thanks for your interest!
  13. dipgolf

dipgolf New Member

For some reason, the time, date, and home service fonts on my grass theme are too high. Half of the time is above the green box. Any ideas? Thanks.
  14. Rhstevenson

Rhstevenson New Member

If you go into Settings -> Accessibility and check to see if the system font size is set to Large. If it is, set it to normal. If not, then i'll have to think a little harder. Good luck and thanks for your interest!
  15. scottjb

scottjb New Member

@dipgolf,

Is it just angle of the picture (your avatar), or do you have a little reverse pivot going on there? ;)
  16. dipgolf

dipgolf New Member

My system font is set to normal. I have deleted the grass homescreen info and reinstalled it, the time is still half way out of the green box. Oh well, still looks cool.

It shouldn't be a reverse pivot. Dear God I hope it's not a reverse pivot. That picture was taken from behind and to the right of me.....Back to the range I go.
  17. Rhstevenson

Rhstevenson New Member

Hey here's a thought, and the only thing i can think of at this point:
    i. Is your background set to default?
    ii. Is there a green stripe at the top, or does the grass background go all the way to the top?

Sometimes the background won't go all the way up to the top because there's a colored bar that pushes it back down a notch, causing everything to be off a little. I'd say the only thing there might be a problem with is if you don't have the Home Screen layout set to the proper scheme, which comes with the zip.. I'm not sure..
    Any other ideas people?
  18. dipgolf

dipgolf New Member

The background is default. The background goes all the way to the top. One thing I did notice that I'm not sure matters is that my Start and Contacts buttons on the bottom of the screen are silver instead of green like on your screenshot. I have the three items that are included in the zip in my home folder. Oh well.
  19. dipgolf

dipgolf New Member

Aw hell I'm an idiot, figured it out. My color scheme was not set to grass. Once set to grass, the problem was fixed. Thanks for making these!
  20. Rhstevenson

Rhstevenson New Member

Awesome! Glad everything's working out for you. I'm thinking about making some more, any requests? I have to say what i like most about these is that the clock is so big, because i don't have a watch i like to see what time it is without squinting. I'm open to suggestions..
    Thanks for your interest!