New FlashVideoBundle 1.4.4 for YouTube access.

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by MBK2, Jan 25, 2008.

1. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

New FlashVideoBundle 1.4.4 for YouTube access.

I just wanted to post this thread so that anyone that is having the 'youtube swf args not found' will now know that the new FlashVideoBundle is available and does work with YouTube again.

This is the same post I answered in any of the other YouTube threads where others are asking for help about this, so that everyone will be able to see it and not need to creat another thread.

@Scott,
    If you'd like to absorb this into your Updated YouTube thread, by all means. I would have but that thread is closed so I couldn't post in it.

And it would be cool if you or RB could host this CAB on your Apps page... I can host it as well, but it would be better to centralize by keeping all these on yours or RB's Apps pages... :wink:
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

thanks, it's already on "my apps" page... and since Scott is not around too much i will change his Youtube thread later on..
  3. pistacio

pistacio New Member

Will this change affect any sites that still use .flv? Does this "bundle" have all previous files AND an add-on for the new Youtube video format?

What I'm really asking is if this will mess up the abilty to view sites that still work fine with the previous "youtube hack" files.

-from the Q
  4. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Since I'm not certain what sites you are referring to, you can always install the 1.4.4 and see.... And if it doesn't play the flv files (very doubtful that it wouldn't) then you can simply reload 1.4.3
  5. sherri

sherri Active Member

For those of us who are completely computer illiterate...

Is there any way to do this without a computer? I read an earlier thread (where someone posted their son in a YouTube video) that had steps to do everything from the phone. That is how I got the Youtube playing in the first place. It involved: http://tinyurl.com and was followed by additional steps. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

considering they are both .cab files (TCPMP & FlashVideo) yes... both are on my app site which can be accessed from the Q (http://mq.roeiboot.com/apps)
  7. sherri

sherri Active Member

Still computer illiterate!!!

Could you please give us the exact steps to use? By using the first thread, it downloads the older versions of what is needed. My husband is going to both divorce and fire me over this, since I work for (with) him, and I have now spent way too much time on this. If tou tell me exactly what I have to type into the phone web browser, it would help me sooo much! Thank you in advance for all your help!
  8. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

1. download http://mq.roeiboot.com/apps/tcpmp.smartphone.0.72rc1.cab
    2. download http://mq.roeiboot.com/apps/FlashVideoBundle.CAB
    3. install both (if you install TCPMP on the storage card, you also need to install the FlashVideoBundle there, they need to be either both on the device, or both on the strorage card)
    4. power down Q, power up Q.
    5. done.
  9. sherri

sherri Active Member

You Saved A Marriage!!!!!!

Since I am relatively new here, why do you call yourself "rudeboy"??? You were quite nice and helpful!!! It actually works!! Now, I can go back to work! Thank you soooo much!
  10. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

see here..
  11. op12

op12 New Member

Does the older version of Flash video bundle have to be uninstalled first, or can you just install the new one right over it?
  12. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

the new install will ask you to un-install the previous version..
  13. andy71600

andy71600 New Member

awesome... it works great on my q9c!
  14. toolman157

toolman157 New Member

I downloaded the files but all i see are a whole bunch of rar files and no cab file among them. what am i missing?
  15. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

don't extract the downloaded files, they should be .cab when you download them
  16. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

if the bundle file downloads as a .tgz....rename as .cab. Happened to me today!
  17. toolman157

toolman157 New Member

it should be but i get a winrar archive with a bunch of individual files. I moved the whole thing over to my phone and got the "there is no application associated with this file runapp first then open inside the app." i cant find a cab file anywhere.
  18. toolman157

toolman157 New Member

thats exactly what happened!! how do u rename file?

simple right click and rename file! got it!!
  19. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

right click...rename!:gasp:
  20. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Highlight the file > Menu > File > Rename....if already on the Q