New Firmware Released - 28DR

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by bmurf, Jul 16, 2009.

1. mojohio

mojohio New Member

After the latest Moto update, has anyone been able to install their NRG Mini Chome Weather 1.2 - 3.1 versions without phone not being able to shut off, and always rebooting when holding down the end call key? I really liked their software- very useful.
  2. marklichengwu

marklichengwu New Member

Dear Roscoe22,

Please note that I just successfully updated the ROM, and bandselect.exe is still in the same place, start>my stuff>my device>windows\bandselect.exe. I was on 3G after the update, and I just used bandselect to force EDGE, and it worked fine.

I have the black one!
  3. RichS

RichS Member

After updating the ROM, you have to enable Band Selection, here's how:

Enable band selection:
    By doing this you can pick automatic/North America 3G/GSM W850/W1900(3G) 850/1900(GSM) 900/1800 (GSM)
    1. Go to Home Screen
    2. Type *#1546792*# and then send
    3. You will see new screen that indicates that Band Selection was enabled
    4. Now you can go to Settings/Phone/Network/Band Selection
  4. LuvrGirl

LuvrGirl Member

Thanks for this tidbit of info (good to know) :)

Which one of those options is for AT&T's 3G? (I'm in Los Angeles-California)

5. marklichengwu

marklichengwu New Member

After the update, many of my .cab files that were on the storage card now have been strangely automatically renamed with ".2ea7958e.menc" at the end of the name, and are now unusable. I recommend saving all .cab files to Live Mesh before upgrading.
  6. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

I always remove my storage card before I do anything ROM based. Plus, like you suggested, they are all in a Mesh enabled folder as well as the entire card is routinely backed up to both my desktop, laptop and external drive.
  7. marklichengwu

marklichengwu New Member

Yeah, that would have been a good idea to take the card out. Now I am finding that my videos and some of my images are also renamed and unusable. I am glad I have everything backed up in Live Mesh.
  8. jrab

jrab New Member

Annoying tone while talking, did get a slight speed increase

I upgraded to the latest firmware last night and noticed while I am talking on the phone about every 30 seconds or so I hear what sounds like someone pressing a key on the phone. The person on the other end doesn't hear it. Anyone else notice this? Is there anyway to downgrade back to the old ROM?

Not sure if the upgrade is worthwhile. I ran some speed tests before and after and this is what I got:

1st Test 1207kbps
    2nd Test 1350kbps
    3rd Test 1372kbps

After upgrade

1st Test 1366kbps
    2nd Test 1716kbps
    3rd Test 1530kbps

Test was run from i.dslr.net/iphone_speedtest.html
  9. lhbalesjr

lhbalesjr New Member

I'm hearing an odd tone just as my phone starts dialing a number. It doesn't happen every time, but it has happened several times.

I've also noticed that my battery is draining faster. It reminds me of how it was using WM 6.0, before I installed the first 6.1 update. My battery life increased after the first 6.1 update, but now, after updating to this new rom, it seems to be draining faster.

Which browser are you guys using when you do a speed test? I get wildly different numbers between a test done with Opera vs. Opera Mini. I also get vastly different rates, depending upon which speed test I use. When testing with Opera using the simple mobile speed test at www.dslreports.com, I get numbers ranging from 700 to 1250 kbps. With Opera using the i.dslr.net/iphone_speedtest.html, I get almost 1600 kbps. Using Opera Mini, I get in excess of 3000 kbps. Now I realize that that 3000 kbps is most likely not an accurate number, but I'm curious as to which browser you all are using for your tests.
  10. sprintstman

sprintstman New Member

Update update

I just thought I'd chip in with my experience on the latest update. I'm seeing no difference so far. My Q isn't extensively customized so even though I had just rebuilt my phone a few weeks ago, I thought I'd go ahead and give this a whirl. The only thing I can't really comment on yet is battery life. 3G speeds have not changed at all. Still the same horrible latency and crappy throughput that AT&T has provided for years! :wink: I was really hoping for some improvement in 3G speed. Oh well... Otherwise the update went flawlessly.
  11. dis100

dis100 Member

Who can UNLOCK this new firmware?
    So phone will not lock if i will change firmware phone will not lock. Because i've lost my unlock code and ATT doesnt whant to give it. Because i am not their customer any more.
  12. faithalone

faithalone Banned

att will provide the unlock code for you even if you are not their customer- just call their cust service line - 800-331-0500 and request the phone- tell them you purchased it from a friend or relative and they will give it to you...
  13. Xebec

Xebec Member

The menc files are there because you setup your phone for file encryption. Whenever you re-flash your phone, all encrypted files will have the menc file extension and will be unusable. The WM team never thought that we may have to re-flash our phones and didn't provide a means to retrieve those files.
  14. dis100

dis100 Member

Ken Rupp: I'm not att customer, but i whant to get unlock code.
    Eliezer Velez: I do apologize but I need to verify the account in order to make any changes to the account, give out specific account information, trouble shoot the device or network. If I am unable to verify the account then I can only give you general information. The information you a requesting will require me to verify an account.
  15. ProtoJMB

ProtoJMB Member

Ok, so I just did the firmware update to my silver Q9H. Everything was hunky dory till I had to restart the phone for Office Mobile 6.1 installation. When the phone came back on it master re-set itself and erased all my customizations AGAIN! So just for the heck of it, I shut the phone off, turned it back on and it did the same. So since the update, my phone has been stuck on master resetting itself.

Edit: Shoot, and now the update program won't work because it says I have the latest software! So then it won't re-flash the firmware. Any ideas?
  16. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Okay, so I was finally able to install MSU into my W7 laptop. I stumbled upon a program in my control panels. It gave me the option to run the program in any previous environment. Very cool! Windows 7 rules!

For anyone running Windows 7, it can be found under control panel/programs/programs and features/run programs made for previous versions of windows

And I am happy to report that I have full 3G bars. No problems reported thus far.

Attached Files:

17. compman72

compman72 New Member

850/1900 (GSM) is for north america
  18. Sathanvs

Sathanvs New Member

I purchased my Q9h back in Feb 09. I just ran the MSU and it said I was up to date. Now my AP is correct at 01.09.28R but my BP is MODEM4_U_40.11.40R_04 which is not what people are reporting is the latest. So am I screwed in the fact that my Q9h won't take advantage of the improved 3g speeds? I have the silver btw.
  19. djdownhill

djdownhill New Member

20. Sathanvs

Sathanvs New Member