New Firmware Released - 28DR

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by bmurf, Jul 16, 2009.

1. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

got a old laptop/pc laying around? use that
  2. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

I'm in no mood to reinstall my apps, re-do my sliding panels and my reg-edits.
    So unless someone posts with some dynamic performance increases, I'll pass on this update.
  3. greddy

greddy New Member

hello,

i cannot find this new firmware ... is this for an at&t Q9H with GPS ?

Has anyone an link for download ?

bye, Peter
  4. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

5. mmeiners

mmeiners New Member

Improvement observed with new firmware

I observed the following improvements:

- significantly improved voice and 3G reception
    - improved 3G data speed
  6. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Hopefully more than one person sees this sort of improvement.
  7. bragl123

bragl123 New Member

My Q8h is through ATT. I have tried the Motorola update through the phone and can never get a successful connection. Even if it would say, "Your are using the moste current version", I would be happy to know it at least connected and was checked. Supposidly, this is one of the enhancements of the Q9h Global silver pinstripe beside "Clear Voice".
    Is this update available by checking it over the phone this way? Is this something I need to take to ATT for a correction?
  8. roscoe22

roscoe22 New Member

Here''s some specifics for the lazy! :2cool::

http://www.att-phones.org/att-motorola-q9h-software-update-download.html

New sliding panel home screen for one-stop access to e-mails, texts, calendar events, and more...

Threaded SMS for chat-like texting AT&T Cell phone Software and
    • Typing made easier with Cut, Copy, and Paste support4.
    • quick e-mailing with recipient Auto-Complete – type the contact’s name, choose from a drop down list, and the device will fill in the contact address
    • Device and security management with support for System Center Mobile Device Manager
    • Radio version has gone from MODEM4_U_40.11.40R_04 to MODEM4_U_40.11.40R_07(Settings>About)
    • under Settings>Phone information>APFlex, we’ve gone from NONORMANATTCORE00040 to NONORMANATTCORE00043. And in the same location, AP has gone from 01.09.28R to 01.09.28DR.
    AT&T Cell Phone Pictures-AT&T Motorola Q9h cell phone photo:
    [​IMG]
  9. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Uhhh... with the exception of the radio and flex versions.. didn't we already get these features with the base 6.1 install??
  10. LuvrGirl

LuvrGirl Member

yup, we sure did!

so... basically, unless these radio (modem) and APflex updates are worth it... I don't really see a reason to update

anybody else out there confirming SIGNIFICANT improvements?

~maria
  11. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

ATT has been slowly upgrading it's 3G towers to 3.5G. My guess is this new radio allows us access or better performance with the 3.5G towers. At the moment, the iPhone 3Gs' radio is the only one (that I know of) that is sold with capability of accessing the said faster speeds. Upcoming devices will surely be shipped with the new radios.

Announcement from the Motorola forums:

In-warranty Q9h owners on AT&T should check out the new software for the phone. This software update improves:

• phone performance on the upgraded AT&T network.
    • the phone’s ability to connect to the network in specific instances.
    • other technical performance issues

In addition, for Q9h users who are using Windows Mobile 6.0, the update will install Windows Mobile 6.1.

Be sure to back up all your personal data, either onto your PC or onto the SD card in your Q9h. The software update will wipe out all personal data stored on the device memory. However, if you've loaded your programs and media onto the memory card, and backed up your contacts, calendar, etc., to your PC, you can restore the phone to full operation very quickly after the upgrade.

http://direct.motorola.com/hellomot...l&strCable=Micro USB Data Cable&strURL=No URL
  12. bmurf

bmurf New Member

it puzzles me that there is an update for the actual "phone" part of the phone and so many people are reluctant to do it.
  13. lhbalesjr

lhbalesjr New Member

Wonder if ActiveSync error has been fixed?

I sync with both my home PC and work PC. I've been having off and on problems with ActiveSync and have been getting error code 86000107. According to the following feedback forum, Microsoft said that they had released a fix, but stated that it would be up to each device manufacturer or provider to release an update to their customers.

https://connect.microsoft.com/feedback/Workaround.aspx?FeedbackID=354634&SiteID=502

I hope that this fix is included in the update, but I didn't see any mention of this particular issue.
  14. roscoe22

roscoe22 New Member

I know the reasons that I am reluctant to update. Highest on the list is the thought of reinstating all of my mods on a device that I will most likely change out in less than 6 mos.

With the Q9h, at its current place/capabilities in the ongoing evolution of cellphones - I'm going to leave her alone. If it ain't broke (i.e., technologically crippled) - don't fix it. Just my $.02.:2cool:
  15. hoangnha

hoangnha New Member

Pls help me, the new member. I was locked after up this rom. So I'd tried to flash other roms but it's locked.
  16. lhbalesjr

lhbalesjr New Member

I have the black q9 global and I am with AT&T. My phone was purchased new from AT&T and I have WM 6.1 installed. I downloaded and ran Motorola's software update tool and it said that no update was available for my phone. Is this update only for the silver version, or is it also for the black version? Has anyone with a black Q9 Global attempted this upgrade? I can't see how it would only be for the gray version since it mentions benefits of upgrading from 6.0 to 6.1. This seems to suggest that it is also for the black Q9 Global since the gray version came with 6.1 already installed.
  17. marmarinou

marmarinou New Member

Which versions of software does your Q9h have?

The latest versions are:

[FONT=&quot]AP Software Version: NORMAN_AP_U_01.09.28DR
    BP Software Version: MODEM4_U_40.11.40R_07[/FONT]
  18. lhbalesjr

lhbalesjr New Member

My radio version is MODEM4_U_40.11.40R_04, so I know I have the older ROM. What I'm unsure about is whether or not this new rom can be used on the Black Q9 Global or if it's only for the silver model.
  19. LuvrGirl

LuvrGirl Member

As for me... I'm reluctant to do it because my phone works great. I don't drop calls, maybe every now and then, but that's about it :)

Nowadays, I also find someone eyeing the new selection available... I've been leaning towards getting the new iPhone 3Gs or holding out for the new Touch Pro 2 (whenever it comes out).

So we'll see... maybe I'll give in and update it, unlock it again and keep it as a spare phone for when my new one ever breaks down or something.

~maria
  20. Frozen001

Frozen001 New Member

Anyone else experience connectivity problems after appling this update?? It can't be AT&T because my fiance's iPhone 3G is working fine. My AT&T Q9h will randomly ping-pong between 3G, edge, and no data. Up until I did the update, I always had solid 3G coverage.