New ETF

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless' started by n99hockey, Nov 15, 2009.

1. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

2. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

go to ATT Weapon go to ATT
  3. n99hockey

you wont leave Big Red:dft011:tounge_out
  4. gnath9

gnath9 New Member

I called VZW on the 6th to try to talk them into letting me have an early upgrade to the Droid. They then informed me that I needed to be atleast one year into my contract. My one year date is 11/15/09 and she offerd to call me back on the 15th. Well, yesterday I got the call and upgraded. I asked how much my ETF would be. Her response was $175.00 and its prorated down based on the length of time. I then told her I have been reading about it being doubled to $350.00 all over the web. It was news to her and said she would be the first to know if it was true. Anyways I had her confirm my ETF is infact $175.00 and all this took place on the 15th. So... I am not saying it is not true but, VZW had no clue what I was talking about and it did not apply to my new 2 year agreement.

2 more days !!!

sent from my soon to be shelved not sold trusty Q9c
  5. n99hockey

hahah gotta love tech support
  6. gnath9

gnath9 New Member

I copied this from the VZW website. :031:angry_rant

What Happens if My Service Is Canceled Before the End of My Contract Term?
    You're agreeing to subscribe to a line of Service either on a month–to–month basis or for a minimum contract term, as shown on your receipt or order confirmation. (If your Service is suspended without billing, that time doesn't count toward completing your contract term.) Once you've completed your contract term, you'll automatically become a customer on a month–to–month basis for that line of Service. If you cancel a line of Service, or if we cancel it for good cause, during its contract term, you'll have to pay an early termination fee. If your contract term results from your purchase of an advanced device after November 14, 2009, your early termination fee will be $350 minus $10 for each full month of your contract term that you complete. (For a complete list of advanced devices, check verizonwireless.com/advanceddevices.) Otherwise, your early termination fee will be $175 minus $5 for each full month of your contract term that you complete. Cancellations will become effective on the last day of that month's billing cycle, and you are responsible for all charges incurred until then. Also, if you bought your wireless device from an authorized agent or third–party vendor, you should check if they charge a separate termination fee.

For a complete list of advanced devices,
    http://support.vzw.com/information/advanced_devices.html

I guess it is true.

1 more day !!!
  7. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

The gnat will soon be Droiding.
  8. gnath9

gnath9 New Member

It's bouncing around town in the back of a FedEx truck right now !!! I guess this is my last day of posting from the Q9c :( lol I'm gonna miss the little guy.

Today is Droid Day !!!

sent from my Q9c
  9. txter

txter New Member

so really the new ETF only applies to new costomers...?
    good, cause on my way to VZW im canceling one of my BBs