new ecards app for wp7

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Apps and Games' started by maximephan, Jan 23, 2011.

1. maximephan

maximephan Member

2. ajayden

ajayden Member

Please post the name of the app, to make the search in marketplace easier. I would like to try this app. As I use Macbook, the above link doesnt open. thanks
  3. maximephan

maximephan Member

hi,
    The app name is:
    Postcard Maker

this is a new app, just approved last friday. it appears on zune search, i d'on know about the market place
    there is this link too on market place browser:

http://www.marketplacebrowser.com/264122/postcard-maker

with some screenshoot to give an idea of the software.
  4. ajayden

ajayden Member

Bought and tried.....the app is good. Only one suggestion, it stretches the picture. Might be you have to look into ti.
  5. maximephan

maximephan Member

hello,
    thanks a lot for your feedback.
    I am working on the update version that will handle this problem and had some feature (painting effect, balck and white, draw with the finger..). it will released maybe next week.
  6. ajayden

ajayden Member

Thanks for the update. Pls keep updating the app for new features.
  7. maximephan

maximephan Member

Hi ajayden,
    I want to ask you someting:
    when you take a picture from a wp7 phone, what is the current size? on the phone emulator that is 640x480.
    is it correct ratio?
    Thanks
  8. ajayden

ajayden Member

Its 2592 x 1944 (5 megapixels).
  9. maximephan

maximephan Member

hello,
    I have updated Postcard Maker to 1.1 now, the picture should not stretching and I had a font picker when adding text.
    do the update is automatically proposed?
  10. maximephan

maximephan Member

hi there,
    Postcard Maker 1.2 is now available with a nice feature:
    it is now possible to record an audio message from the phone and send it with the ecard, or post the audio message on facebook with the picture! have fin.
  11. maximephan

maximephan Member

Hello Postcard Maker 1.4 available, new features like drawing on the screen with the finger..
    video demo here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0sBiYGFW7M
    trial version now available on zune!
    enjoy
  12. lucasapps

lucasapps New Member

Looks good. What prompted you to add the trial option?
  13. maximephan

maximephan Member

hi,
    thanks!
    I had some feedback that it will be nice to have a trial version to make the customer be sure the app fit his needs (the app cost 0.99).
    So I had trial, then everybody can discover the app and buy it if they think it worse it. I also add a feedback link to rate the app and maybe give some advice to always add new features. I try to make a new release of this app every month to always had nice new features. Thats why advice, and suggestions are welcome ;-)
  14. maximephan

maximephan Member

Hi,
    Postcard maker 1.8 now available for windows phone 7! tons of new feature, trial version available
  15. maximephan

maximephan Member

Hi there, Postcard Maker 2.1 is now available for windows phone!
    what's new:
    -Optimized version for mango (now the card you working on is keep in memory in case you take a break or receive a phone call)
    -mango style controls
  16. RandomAlec

RandomAlec Member

I'll try out the application it looks really fun. I have a suggestion though, unless it's already there, you should add effects for images such as sepia (old look), black and white etc. Also, I've been eagerly looking for an application that will let me add an old style border (like this) and even an old polaroid instaprint style border (like this).

Also, does this application allow uploading to Facebook, Twitter etc. instead of just direct email? Would be great for an all in one photo editor in the end. Only if that is what you intend at some point. :)
  17. maximephan

maximephan Member

Hi RandomAlec,
    Postcard Maker has the following features: Adding fun frame to your picture, adding funny stuff (heart, fake hair...), adding text. there is also the effect you are speaking about (Sepia, black and white), and also the drawing mode where you can draw directly with the finger on the screen.

the application allow to send the card by email or upload on facebook or tweeter, or just save on your phone.

The really unique feature is that you can record from your phone a voice message that you will attach to your card by email or even on facebook.

Don't hesitate to give me any feedback or advice to improve this software.
  18. RandomAlec

RandomAlec Member

In that case I'll definitely take a good look at it and if it's worth it send some money too. ;)
  19. maximephan

maximephan Member

Ok! Don't hesitate to give me feed back, I can implement all good ideas to make it better and better. and if you like the soft, dont forget to rate for it on marketplace ;-)
  20. RandomAlec

RandomAlec Member

Ok, been playing around with the application for days, most recently about an hour straight, and as I type this. Below is all my feedback (so far) on the trial version.

1. The erase tool doesn't seem to work very well, it often becomes very difficult to erase a simple line that was drawn on an image. Ideally, it would be nice if the erase tool worked more like an eraser brush where anything you pass over will be erased. You can choose to apply that to both drawing and objects, or just drawings.

2. When the application is first booted up after installation, or even each time you start it up, there should be an image or link on that same blank page that fills the image window that gives you a quick picture pointing out each tool and a simple written or infographic tutorial on things you can do and what certain buttons/features do. I found myself very lost when I first started the application up, not knowing where to begin.

3. When viewing filters or in the drawing feature, if there are no more pages of colors/filters don't display the scroll arrows on the bottom right. It makes the user want to scroll onto more pages that obviously don't exist. Fade them out or just don't show them in such cases.

4. Many more filters can be added.

5. The borders I mentioned earlier in this thread in fact are not found in this application. Would be nice to add them as I have an urge to use such borders mixed with old style filters lately.

6. Add the possibility of creating custom colors in the drawing feature by tapping some type of button or even pressing the scroll arrows on the bottom right to enter an RGB mode where we can use a color scaler and/or maybe even input HTML color codes.

7. Add the hand tool or move tool to the application so that users may edit their entire image. It seems when loading an image the application cuts it off and chooses your workspace for you. Not exactly the ideal purpose for such an application.

Considering you actually care very much about making this application perfect, I am definitely here to help. I can even bring up some concept images of what I mean in all the feedback above, if need be. I love the application congratulations on a smooth production!