New Black Q - accessory questions

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by os1kne, Feb 9, 2007.

1. os1kne

os1kne New Member

New Black Q - accessory questions

Hello,
    I got a Black Q last weekend and so far I like it, but it does take some getting used to, having used traditional mobile phones for several years.

Anyway, I'm looking to get some sort of protective cover for the Q. I'm not sure what type I want (silicone, aluminum, leather, etc) - I know that I want something that will help protect the Q from the occasional drop that is bound to happen, and I'd like to have something that would reduce the random keypresses that happen when carrying the unit (I do use keylock often, but now always), I like the idea of a screen protector, but I'm not sure if it would end up distorting the screen so much that it would be irritating. A belt clip would probably be best for me (maybe removable in case I don't like it).

I know this may be a tall order, especially since I'd prefer not to spend more than $30.

Also, is the Motorola H500 a good bluetooth headset to use?

Thank you. I appreciate your help.
  2. qnoob

qnoob New Member

I would advise you NOT get a silicone case. IMHO, they feel flimsy and feel like they're going to rip at any moment. I got a 2-pack of silicon cases at the VZW store for $14.99 and a corner ripped by just me puttin the phone into the case. Going in and out of my pockets, the edges of the silicon case will probably snag on something and rip apart sooner or later . . . and after only a few days (i've had mine for only a week), it becomes a dust magnet.
  3. SafeHarbor

SafeHarbor New Member

And I tried the optional vertical holster that the Verizon rep (a truly nice guy, and I'm not kidding) sold me with the phone, and I found that the black Q is a little too thick to fit. Since it was in the bundle with the Jabra headset, I'm not going to send it back, but be warned, folks.

Anybody with a silver Q want it?

Lamar
  4. trev01us

trev01us New Member

Optional Vertical Leather Case

SafeHarbor is 100% correct here, Motorola apperently didn't bother to make sure that the silver and the Black Q's were exactly identical. The optional Vertical case works great for the Silver Q. For the Black Q it practically takes an adult to get it in and out of the holster in under 20 seconds. God forbid if you actually wanted to answer a call without a headset.

The Motorola Q Black also comes with a leather horizontal carry case (not extra) like the vertical case.
  5. qnoob

qnoob New Member

is the slight size difference between the Silver and Black Q due to the Black's rubber coating? I can imagine the smooth Silver's plastic would be much easier to slide out of a holster?
  6. mikebork

mikebork New Member

SafeHarbor if you want to sell your holster, let me know info
  7. sidhas_mom

sidhas_mom New Member

**The Motorola Q Black also comes with a leather horizontal carry case (not extra) like the vertical case.[/quote]**

I was just wondering, I keep hearing about this case coming with the black Q, I didn't receive one with mine. Could it be different carriers?:blink: If not, I want my case. lol
    thanks.
  8. QDJSTEVEZ

QDJSTEVEZ New Member

Hi Gang,
    Here's how I carry my Q on the go. Has a hidden wallet too...great for the summer time bare essentials. Get it on E-bay for a little over $10. with shipping. Don't let the price fool you, the quality is outstanding.
    BLACK LEATHER CASE WALLET FOR NEW MOTOROLA Q CELL PHONE[​IMG]</IMG>

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...case&category0=
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  9. stryker412

stryker412 New Member

I was just wondering, I keep hearing about this case coming with the black Q, I didn't receive one with mine. Could it be different carriers?:blink: If not, I want my case. lol
    thanks.[/quote]

The horizontal case is crap. It would have been great if it was vertical and the inside was open to allow use of the Q when opening the front flap. It's very cumbersome wearing it horizontally. I ordered this one last week, it should be here today.

[​IMG]
  10. jim9112

jim9112 New Member

ive had my q for a while, gone through a lotta cases always end up slipping it in the pocket. its too slim to bulk up with a case.
  11. stryker412

stryker412 New Member

12. EDDOH

EDDOH New Member

i need to hurry up and get a case.
  13. john1_83

john1_83 New Member

There is no size difference between the silver and black Q. The verticle case that was mentioned near the beginning of this thread doesn't fit either of the Q's well. I aslo got that case as part of a bundle when i purchased my Q. I took the thing back before i even left the mall. For eaase of use and protection, i would recomend just going to a verizon store and ordering one of the OEM clips that come with the silver Q (if you have a black one) contrary to moto and verizon's beliefs, the clip will not harm the Black Q's finish. I have one for mine and love it. unlike some of the 3rd party clips the oem holds the phone "screen in" and keeps it very accessable.