New 9M user

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by sjorengray, Sep 18, 2007.

1. sjorengray

sjorengray New Member

New 9M user

Hey guys I will be getting my new Motorola Q 9M tomorrow and I need some help on how to get the fastest internet and best programs. I am completely new to smartphones as I have had LG phones for the last 6 years. I go to school at KU so mainly I got the Q for email access at school and getting on my schools website. I can navigate phones well but I do not know much about code or altering the GUI or anything. Any simple tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Garrett.
  2. ||girlyQ||

||girlyQ|| New Member

It's a pretty easy phone to use, WM6 has a lot of customization options. I don't think you can change the Verizon round home screen with all the media buttons, but you can switch to a different home screen and make it your own.

There are tons of hacks and customization tips that can be found both on this website and on qusers.com

Have fun with it!
  3. Eugene

Eugene New Member

I get the fastest internet using wifi, if you school has wifi available it might be a good option for you.
  4. sjorengray

sjorengray New Member

Ya KU has campus wide free wireless. The guy at the verizon store said i wouldnt ever have to use that but i was a little skeptical. If i just use the wireless to get on the internet will i get charged through verizon or not? Also how does streaming video work youtube or yahoo videos the verizon rep said they work ok i was wondering if they would work better if you were connected to a high speed connection through wifi? Thanks again.
  5. DslLmi

DslLmi New Member

Movies are still way to Chopy... Read http://www.everythingq.com/forum/moto-q-9m/ that will tell you what to get to fix that. The internet speed is still limited to your coverage area... it seems slow to me... On windows mobile 5 the speed hacks worked... On mobile 6.. it seems like it is still slow.
  6. Eugene

Eugene New Member

Verizon can't charge you if you use wireless since your not sending any data through their network.
    I'll have to go try youtube or something and let you know.