.NET compact Framework

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by apperrault, Aug 1, 2006.

1. EdL

EdL New Member

.Net

My Q works better with the update.
  2. Marvin H.

Marvin H. New Member

I went to your link but when I try to download your list it gives me an "Invalid key or in use or Missing file". Please help becase I tried to download from microsoft but files wont transfer through active sync. I want to use map4pda but cannot till i can install Cab file.
  3. CodeGuy

CodeGuy New Member

I just logged into FileFront and tried downloading the file. I get the same error you do. Everytime I try to access the maintenance functions for my account, I get a message that "that function is down for maintenance right now...". So, I'm guessing as soon as they are done doing whatever they are doing, you will be able to download. I will check it later tonight and post it back up on FileFront if necessary. If anyone knows of a better file share service, please let me know.

CG
  4. Marvin H.

Marvin H. New Member

I checked again on 8/24 and still cannot download .zip file.Huh? It says this "Invalid Key or in use or Missing File

Your download key for the requested file is invalid. Download keys are only valid for 48 hours. Once your download is complete, the key is no longer valid. Keys are also only valid for the original server.

Additionally this error may be caused because the file was not found on the server." Am i doing something wrong. it says that pepole have downloaded it this week.

M.
  5. CodeGuy

CodeGuy New Member

Well, I just deleted the old file, and re-uploaded the whole thing to FileFront, and I get the same message. I guess I am going to have to find somewhere else to host this. It is strange though. I get that same error you do when I try to download it, yet it shows that others have downloaded this week. Hrmm... I will get back to you when I have it hosted somewhere more reliable.
  6. EdL

EdL New Member

.net SP1 Patch Problem

I tried to install the sp1 patch and also get a message that there is no software associated with the update I'm using ActivSync 4.2 and the .msi file installed fine. The patch is .msp I ran it from my desktop via activsync to install. Didn't work. Any ideas?
  7. gooberdlx

gooberdlx New Member

Thats cause you downloaded the patch for Visual Studio... which includes the device update, but is not meant for normal users... hence saying that there is no software associated with the update.
  8. Tao

Tao New Member

Codeguy's download worked for me.

Whats this shoppinglist exe?
  9. Manipon

Manipon New Member

I was getting the error message "There is already a version installed" when launching the msi from the desktop. I removed the compact version from my PC then re-ran setup and it installed to the phone via active sync without problem.

I don't think the msi accounted for the compact version installed on the local PC. I honestly do not know how I got it since I have the non-compact versioned installed as well. I bet installing the latest Visual Studio put it on.
  10. CodeGuy

CodeGuy New Member

I would be interested to know if you can debug ok in Visual Studio after having done this. I kind of figured the problem related to Visual Studio. However, the reason I declined to deinstall that version, was I have no idea if the developer version has debug info / hooks built into it that the redistributable does not. Typically, this is the case, but in the case of the .NET virtual machine, I'm not sure if it holds true or not. So have you been able to deploy .NET 2.0 Windows Mobile 5 apps to the emulator and debug them ok after doing this?

Tao:
    shoppinglist.exe is just a little .NET list maker app that I wrote and made available for free here on the forums. Nothing special really. Mostly function over form if you know what I mean. I decided to write it because 1) I had just gone shopping and had really wished my list was on my Q and 2) I wanted to tinker around with writing .NET 2 apps for this platform, never having done so.

CG
  11. superbowlbengals

superbowlbengals New Member

im curious if i install this new framework, will information on my phone be erased?
  12. apperrault

apperrault New Member

no, it will not erase everything on your phone.

I have had no problems since i installed it right after i got my phone a couple of months ago.

app
  13. superbowlbengals

superbowlbengals New Member

thanks, i appreciate it. i shall now go do this thing