.net 3.5 on Saga?

Discussion in 'Samsung Saga' started by EQBob, Mar 18, 2009.

1. EQBob

EQBob New Member

.net 3.5 on Saga?

Should there be any issues on installing the .net 3.5 CAB on the Saga. I downloaded a freeware weather app and it instantly failed and said it wasn't an updated .net framework. A search on threads found it easily enough on pointed to Hockey's apps page. Just wondering (a little paranoid) why such a new phone wasn't released with 3.5?
  2. brandon.roeder

brandon.roeder New Member

Nope..you should be fine

My Touch Pro didnt come with it either.
  3. Heckler

Heckler New Member

I have 3.5. Works beautifully. I also have the regedit done to force 3.5. I also have a program netcfg (I can host or link later when I get home) which forces 3.5, and you can also pick and choose programs (manually) to force 2.0 or 3.5 too. Makes the phone run better and supposedly more stable.

Should be one of the first things you do!
  4. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Why wouldn't you let the programs figure out which framework they need and use it, if it has both installed?
  5. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

Bob, or any one else... can you please tell me a little more about this? I need to install 3.5. Is there something else I need to do to make this work on the SAGA?

Thanks,
    Jon
  6. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Nope. You don't need to do anything other than install it. I have found no need need to tweak anything or alter any registry settings or use that previously referenced program to force specific programs to a specific framework. I've seen no issues, no problems, no slowdowns, etc. Just install it and run your programs and they'll use what they need. Methinks we (as in the general 'we') try to tweak too much.
  7. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

i dont know....if verizon wanted 3.5 on their phones they would of put it on there. seems like a carrier issue that i wouldn't want to push! you could end up on the wrong end of the law....may even have to hand over your phone =) lol...
  8. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

VERY scary thought, man. Might come to that. :) Just think . . . if there were "tweak cops" . . . :) -Q
  9. EQBob

EQBob New Member

If you want to debate the GPS stuff, we can start a thread for that and I'll be happy to participate.

I'll guess you were going for funny and just failed miserably.
  10. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Hey bob have you upgraded your .net framework yet? Deciding if thats one of the first things i should do today when i get my phone since its coming TODAY not monday...so pumped thanks to you guys!!!!
  11. EQBob

EQBob New Member

I don't think it's one of the first things you have to do. An ap will tell you if it needs the updated framework. If it does, install is simple and easy, just like any other cab file. Also no harm in going ahead and putting it on. At least on desktop and from experience on phone as well, versions are made to co-exist with each other and nto cause problems. I have rarely seen a .net conflict problem. Seens lots of bad .net programming <G>
  12. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

ok cool thanks bob.