NES on your Q! (Play Mario Bros.)

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by tharmsen, Sep 5, 2006.

1. pacman7

pacman7 New Member

Confused...

When i go to change the controls and input buttons for "a" "b" etc... it will not let me input the keys. It keeps the ... as if i had not done anything. Any Ideas
  2. MrClean

MrClean New Member

The box will appear to not change, but if you look at the key mapping ID (ie.. 0x4b, 0x4C) it will change with each button you push. It would be nice if it actually displayed the key you push, but hey it still works. :2cool:
  3. PartySTi

PartySTi New Member

Yeah having problems finding the PocketNesterPlus.exe that link u posted isnt working.. this is so confusing..
  4. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

5. bonezx79@yahoo.com

bonezx79@yahoo.com New Member

how do you install once you download
  6. n99hockey

you dont install it. you copy it to your Q..open it from the file manager and go to options then properties and check the box that asks you to associate all .nes files. exit the program and then go back to the file manager and open any .nes file and youll be able to play.
  7. Kennyb123

Kennyb123 New Member

It's been asked a few times...and I haven't seen an answer...

Everything is working great, but the key mappings do not save after you exit pocketnesterplus... are you all mapping the keys everytime you run the program, or are you just leaving the program in memory? What a pain!

There's no way to save the key config as default or anything. What's the secret guys? Gals? Thanks.
  8. n99hockey

you have to download a file called tgetfile.dll
    do a search on google for that file and install it
  9. sunshine1

sunshine1 New Member

Thanks for sharing the fun!

btw - do you know if we can play SNES on our Q using same emulator? If so, where can we get the SNES ROMS?

Also, I see a lot of people are having troubles with NES still. So, check the link below i'm hoping that you all can get it to work now.

http://www.qusers.com/article.php/20060724213821271
  10. sunshine1

sunshine1 New Member

INTERESTING!!! Using the same Emulator that played NES? If so, where can we get the SNES ROMS? Many Thanks!
  11. paparazzo

paparazzo New Member

how do i get super mario for my Q?

hey how u doing?? i tryed to downloads the game for my q but i cant figer out how?

how do i get it?
  12. huang74

huang74 New Member

I am assuming all these NES stuff would be stored on the mini SD... how big of a card should I get... ie a 1 GB would fit how many games? Thanks.
  13. Rags

Rags New Member

Hey Huang,

I have PocketNester on My Q, and the games on the mini-sd. Mike Tyson's Punchout is 256kb. RCProAm is 56kb.

I don't know if this is a pretty good indicator, but for the games/ROM's I have from "This Old Computer" it seems the actual ROM file sizes are about twice the size of the downloaded zip file.
  14. brooklynsugabun

brooklynsugabun New Member

Help with NES game

I downloaded the needed programs to get his game up and running and super mario brothers is playing side ways on my screen can you help me out
  15. Rags

Rags New Member

When you are running SMB, or any other game on the Q using Pocketnester, hit the button you programmed as "select". A bunch of optons should pop up and choose "display" then make sure you have "landscape left" checked.

That should straighten you out.

There is a bunch of great info in this thread about NES games on the Q: http://www.everythingq.com/forum/software/nintendo-nes-games-q-859.html
  16. oddllama

oddllama New Member

Admittedly I haven't read all of the posts so I apologize if this has been mention but if you hold in the scroll wheel for a second the volumes goes down around 40%.

_Llama
  17. uscoastiee

uscoastiee New Member

Hack to transfer .nes, .exe, .dll, etc to Q
    I don't know if this has been talked about yet, but I figured out how to transfer unaccepted file types (like .exe, .nes, .dll, etc) to the Q with out having to change the file extension to something that is acceptable (like .xls or .cab).

Follow this path in your regedit program:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    Security
    AppInstall
    VALUES (Left Soft Key)
    MENU (Right Soft Key)
    New Value
    DWORD
    Value data: 4 (or higher, depending on number of Values that already exist)
    Value Name: .exe (or the file extension you wish to transfer)

Repeat this for all of the extensions you wish to transfer to your Q, as you can only create a new value for one file extension.

As far as the Value Data goes, these numbers are assigned sequentially so the four values that already exist in the Registry have the Value Data’s of 0, 1, 2, and 3, so you will have to start with 4 and continue up with each file extension you add.

If anyone has figured out the volume issue on PockeyNESTER, please post!!
  18. miquel

miquel New Member

Great find!

Thanks for sharing. I love playing these old classics.
  19. uscoastiee

uscoastiee New Member

Yea, I guess it helps if you read the novel that comes with the Q. The volume issue is addressed under "Volume", go figure.
  20. eddyman101

eddyman101 New Member

when i click the link to download the Emulator it says: The file link that you requested is not valid. Please contact link publisher. is there another emulator that i can download that wont mess things up and that could still follow your steps ??