NES on your Q! (Play Mario Bros.)

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by tharmsen, Sep 5, 2006.

1. HCarter

HCarter New Member

Where do we get the Super Mario Bro's 3 ROM?
  2. qnoob

qnoob New Member

bump . . . emulators RULE.
  3. DRyan796413

DRyan796413 New Member

4. DRyan796413

DRyan796413 New Member

did you see how to set up the controls properly?
  5. cdcheney

cdcheney New Member

Has anyone ever done this after they got the update off of motorola's website? When I try running the program it says that the program was made for use on a previous version of the devise (or something to that effect) and that it may not work properly... then it asks me if i still want to continue, so i hit yes.

I thought everything was fine then because I was able to load roms and play them however once i was done and tried to write a text message (or use the keypad for any reason) it would only type numbers and symbols.

At first i jsut figured that ALT was on but in the top right of the screen it just said the standard abc. Even when I tried to change it it would only produce numbers and symbols.

I then tried to delete the program but it said it would not delete and so I jsut did a master reset (which is a pain)...
    I thought maybe I just used a bad rom or something so then i tried it again, but I keep getting the same results.

Has this ever happened to anyone else and if so, what do i do?

Thanks
  6. ximpostrxx

ximpostrxx New Member

Game Pack

so i downloaded 900-something NES Roms, the file is around 98MB
    so i had to upload it to a third-party file server called megaupload, the download link is:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HQEAI1WS
    TO DOWNLOAD FROM MEGAUPLOAD:
    1. click the link then enter the 3-digit code that appears (see the first picture)
    2. After you do that, an automated count down will start and you will have to wait 45 seconds (see picture 2)
    3. After 45 seconds has passed you will see a "Click Here to start Download button in the place of the counter (see picture 3)
    4. click the link and the box will say Loading Download... (see picture 5)
    5. Standard download box will pop-up (see picture 4)
    6. click save and the file will start downloading
    7. ENJOY!!!:laugh2:

Attached Files:

7. darkcyber

darkcyber New Member

Simply an excellent thread..thanks for the information. Just one more thing I can do on my laptop computer (oops! I meant my Q...almost no difference). Just amazing what all this phone can do. :laugh2:
  8. darkcyber

darkcyber New Member

Well, guess it's just my luck. I downloaded and tried everything just like the post said and when I go to click on a rom file I get this error:

ALERT
    There is no application associated with "game name". Run the application first and then open this file inside the application

I try to open them from within PocketNesterPlus with tGetFile installed and get some trial version screen, then I click OK and it brings up a search/explorer screen. I find the rom I want and select it and then PocketNesterPlus just comes back to a black screen with the top and bottom bars and that's it.

So, what am I doing wrong here?
  9. mccarob

mccarob New Member

Does it say in white "Game Paused, tap screen to continue?"
  10. darkcyber

darkcyber New Member

It says nothing...just a black blank screen with the words PocketNesterPlus 9.0 at the top left and FILE and OPTIONS at the bottom and that's all.

Update: Don't know what I did other than uninstall that tgetfile and reinstall it and now it's working.
  11. chower

chower New Member

Believe it's been said before, but run nester and go to Options --> Preferences. Check the "associate .nes files" and click ok. Then exit nester and just find the rom with file explorer and hit the center button. Works great for me (now if i can only remember how to beat the big guy with the crown, king something or other in MTPO!!)

--Chris

12. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

apparently im missing the tgetfile.dll file...anyone know how or where to get this?
  13. chickenfiest

chickenfiest New Member

??

the link doesnt work on my computer, any other links that would be helpful or any ideas y it doesnt work?
  14. ximpostrxx

ximpostrxx New Member

you must have tried to open a rom frrom the file menu when running pocket nester... you should have followed the instructions in the first post! it would have told you that you cant open the file from the pocket nester program... thats why you go to settings (in pocket nester) and check off associate all .NES files then you quit pocket nester and go to a rom and click the rom, then it'll run.
  15. ximpostrxx

ximpostrxx New Member

if you would have read further down in the page you would have found the werking link... but you didnt so here is a link [<--CLICK THAT]
    to pocket nester...... follow these instructions:
    TO DOWNLOAD FROM MEGAUPLOAD:
    1. click the link then enter the 3-digit code that appears (see the first picture)
    2. After you do that, an automated count down will start and you will have to wait 45 seconds (see picture 2)
    3. After 45 seconds has passed you will see a "Click Here to start Download button in the place of the counter (see picture 3)
    4. click the link and the box will say Loading Download... (see picture 5)
    5. Standard download box will pop-up (see picture 4)
    6. click save and the file will start downloading

THE PICTURES ARE LOCATED IN MY POST ON PAGE 9!!
  16. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

yea that did it...guess i missed that step...thanks for the help.
  17. evil247

evil247 New Member

King Hippo. You have block until he flashes then when there is an opening in his stomach punch him there(in the bandaid). After that if I remember correctly you can just do right left right left(head shots) until he falls down.

If you install tgetfile than this would be a mute point. You can also use the save state options after installing said file.
  18. chickenfiest

chickenfiest New Member

thanx

thanx, got it workin now,
    anyone know about gettin the genesis emulator?
  19. updraft

updraft New Member

thanks old but It wad great.

super mario..

so nice to see again..

thanks

have a great day
  20. beezo22

beezo22 New Member

I can get the emulator to work on my home pc but it wont even load on my phone .It keeps saying not a valid Windows CE application.What am I doing wrong?:frown: