NES on your Q! (Play Mario Bros.)

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by tharmsen, Sep 5, 2006.

1. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

Once I navigate to the display option screen I use the left/right navigation keys to switch between options and up/down keys to switch between items.

The option that I believe you need is 'Landscape Left'.

Craig
  2. ryant35

ryant35 Member

From the display menu press right or left to select landscape left, up & down doesn't do anything.
  3. ryant35

ryant35 Member

I'm using O & P for A & B since they are on the right side of the directional pad like the original controllers, but my P key isn't as responsive after all the aggressive Super Mario Bros playing.
  4. fenjen

fenjen New Member

I have a Q9h and pocketnesterplus 0.9 worked fine but then i master reset my phone and now the sound is **** and it slows the game first the sound quality was really good and i could play without lag with sound on and no frameskip. But now i need to have frameskip on 2 to let it work fine (with sound on) but then the sounds still ****. And some extra menus popped up like preferences. I didn't have that before i reset my phone.. So can please anyone help me? I don't know why it did work before. I used the same file of pocketnesteplus becous it was on my storage card.
  5. riskybzns

riskybzns Active Member

has anyone figured out major league baseball? I can't move from the infield to outfield when selecting my batting order.
  6. darkdomino

darkdomino New Member

I am having serious control problems. I can load my Mario rom, and it starts up fine, but the controls do not work.

The only button that works for me is the * button.

I have tried to configure my buttons numerous times, they do not work. Ticking the "use alternative scan" doesn't work.

what's going on here?
  7. fenjen

fenjen New Member

Try SmartGear.

Download from here:
    http://www.megaupload.com/nl/?d=UX3DS28U
  8. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

for some reason the q9's wont let you map all the buttons
    even on smartgear (which is what i use with all of the nes,genesis,gb and gbc roms on my sd card)

try mapping your s and d buttons
    along with b,n,m
  9. martyn29

martyn29 New Member

The link is not working

Thks for the information but the link for the emulator is not working anymore. Can you tell me where can I get it please?

10. riskybzns

riskybzns Active Member

link works just fine. i just confirmed it.
  11. disrespected_Q

disrespected_Q New Member

OK, I know to use the Google search, but does anyone have a good link to get a huge file of ROMS and not have to DL each separately....? I'm talking like 1-2k roms in 1 file....

Oh, has anyone figured out controls for NARC? I have the u/d/l/r, but try to shoot and i'm bringing up the softkey menus....
  12. disrespected_Q

disrespected_Q New Member

aw man, coolroms.com says skate or die is protected so there is no download link. Guess i'll have to search again. This is so cool!
  13. zyrtek69

zyrtek69 New Member

for some reason i cant landscape left and none of my buttons select 1p or 2p can you help me??
  14. ryant35

ryant35 Member

Use left & right d-pad to select your option on the display settings page.
  15. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

I have been browsing through this thread...but there are a few pages :)

Since this thread is over 2yrs old...how will this work with q9h? I did download the pocketnesterplus.cab...Its installed but i'm unable to find the file to start the emulator....am i missing something?

Is there anything out there more up-to-date?
  16. ryant35

ryant35 Member

The file name is pocketnesterplus.exe It should be in the same directory that you copied the .cab file. I have a folder called NES on my storage card, I copied all the files I need in there. If you still can't find it try using the find option in your Q's file manager and search for pocketnesterplus.exe and make sure you select 'Include subfolders'

Once you start the program you can set your ROM files to be associated with pocket nester plus so you don't need to open them with the exe file, just by selecting the actual rom file.
  17. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

Thanks....I figured it out...i just wasnt taking the time...:tounge:
  18. darkdomino

darkdomino New Member

I've been playing with SmartGear and it's 10000000 times better than PocketNester.

It's worth the 15 bucks or however much they charge. Go get it!
  19. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

You could look through torrents. People have collected entire libraries of roms and posted them together. Not posting any links, but they are most likely easy to find.
  20. 713thefree

713thefree New Member

landscape

link to the nes emulator is dead and the one i do have works but only plays sideways. it does have option to do landscape but does not let me check those boxs