Need to get rid of these lines

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by ruwiredup, Aug 7, 2009.

1. ruwiredup

ruwiredup New Member

Need to get rid of these lines

Hi Gang,

I have an orignal "Motorola Q" on Verizon. I have tried and tried but can't figure out how to get rid of the lines on my homescreen between the vairous plug ins. I have attched the data from home homescreen xml. Is there another file to look at? I see some of the other users are posting screen shots of their homescreen. If a screenshot is helpful I just need to know how to do it and will post one.

Thanks,
    Will
  2. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

i thought id see the code you need to remove in your xml...but i dont. throw up a screenshot!
  3. cindra

cindra Active Member

4. ruwiredup

ruwiredup New Member

It's these blue lines I would like to get rid of. I know I could probably change them to black but I want them gone completely. I could live with the one on the top but the bottom one just cuts right through my background picture of the Seattle waterfront. Also If the "Verizon Wireless" line could go AND it brought everything up one line, that would be cool too. I have read plenty of threads making the "VW" say something else, I don't care about that. I would assume have that line gone and move everything else up one line. Unless there is something important about the "VW" at the top.

Thanks again!

[​IMG]
  5. cindra

cindra Active Member

I think you're trying to edit the wrong .xml file. None of the colors represented there are blues, they are grays and reds.
  6. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

ya...the background image for this xml is vzw home....unless you named the seattle pic that!
  7. txter

txter New Member

try and pull that background image out into and edit program (like MS Paint) and see if the lines are in the pic itself. its worth a shot.
  8. ruwiredup

ruwiredup New Member

Hi Guys,

The file I am using for my background is "seapic.jpg" and is stored in mydocuments/pictures. Does the Q take that file and copy it somewhere else on the phone? I didn't see any lines on the picture stored in the above location.

Also, here is the xml file for my color scheme you see called "reveal". It shows the blues in the lines.
    There must some other file somewhere that I am missing which is inserting those lines. What do you think? If you need to see any other files let me know.

Also, Is there any reason not to remove the "Verizon Wireless" from the homescreen to free up that line and remove it to bring everything else up one line?

Thanks again guys.
  9. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

you need to find the homescreen xml that you are really using, not a scheme xml, one that shows your seapic.jpg in the xml!
  10. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

Id seen something on this b4 gimme a sec

dont know your OS try this:
    http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=2595

there's others too but im about to step out for a sec
  11. ruwiredup

ruwiredup New Member

I don't see any other xml in my folder which it could be. Application Data/Home

If I select Settings / Homescreen on my Q it shows:

Home screen Layout = Photo Contacts

Color scheme = Reveal

Background image = seapic

So there is only one Photo Contacts XML in my Application Data/Home directory. The read of that xml is the one in the first post of this thread.

The color scheme xml is in my recent post.

The background image is seapic and is located in My Documents/Pictures (I did ad this as a background by selecting "add as walpaper" while viewing the photo) Does the q take a copy of the photo once selected as background pic and store it somewhere?
    As for the lines being part of the pic. I dont think thats the case. Let me explain. As my phone doesnt always show the "Verizion Wireless" at the top the lines will move up to different positions dedpendant on the "VW" being on the screen. If the lines were permanent to the image they would not be alble to move back and fourth like that.

I do have the Photo contacts pro running on this phone. Could that play a role here?
  12. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

the code i was thinking of is seplines=1....which i dont see anywhere in your xml. you can remove them with sktools standard if you have that.
  13. ruwiredup

ruwiredup New Member

Thanks for all the suggestions. I don't have sktools. Would that do me any good if we aren't seeing seplines in the code anyway? Could this be something in the registry possibly?

I don't know what else to try.
  14. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

the xml could also be in /windows. and you should check out facade!
  15. ruwiredup

ruwiredup New Member

Hey I got it.

There was a curious file in my home directory called home0.hif. I opened it in notepad and it was mostly un readable but I was able to see reference to 2 .jpg files of names I didnt recognize. I went to those files and deleted them. Then rebooted my phone. Reset the seattle pic as my background and the lines were gone. It seems the lines were on the picture but the picture was in a different location under a different name. Even though we had deleted the lines on my .xml they had already been printed to the jpg. Once i selected the background image again the xml didnt add the lines since it was set to "0" rather that a value of "1" as it had been.

Ok,
    So now I have to ask if there is any reason why I cant remove the single line towards the top "Verizon Wireless". I don't see why I need to know that. I rarely travel so knowing what network I am on doesnt really matter to me.
  16. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

sure...go ahead! it just lets you know if your home or roaming..

and good job!
  17. ruwiredup

ruwiredup New Member

Thank you for all of your help and patience. I really appreciate it!