Need some Affirmation...

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by TuNeCedeMalis, Dec 8, 2007.

1. TuNeCedeMalis

TuNeCedeMalis New Member

Need some Affirmation...

So I'm really excited to get my Q9c...my dad, however, thinks I should get a palm Centro (his friend at work has one).

I'm wanting a phone that can fulfill my messaging desires (IM, texting, email), has a easy to use browser that's quick, and is customizable (appearance, ringtones, etc.)....I also love hacks :)

So far I've seen the Centro IM interface is more user-friendly I guess you would say, but that doesn't have me sold by any means. I've read of the Centro having some complications with Gmail accounts which isn't good seeing as I'm a gmail whore (and I found that q9c has a hack that changes the unread messages from outlook to any of your email accounts).

I've heard that Q's (not sure if talking about original or the 9c) has had some OS complications and can run a bit buggy, and multiple cases of these phones being brought back.

Then Again, and the big selling point for me, is the custom themes I've seen for this phone and the (supposedly) easy to use custom ringtones....

I'm also a media whore and it appears, althought i'm not sure, that the q9c would be better in that department

In essence, I want the phone that's easiest to use, allows the most room for customization, has a variety of 'useful' hacks (such as speed hacks), allows me to message through IM, email, and texting in the easiest manner, and can deliver the best media experience.

Also I do love tinkering with random apps, which one has the biggest selection?

Centro or Q9c?
  2. dmm5157

dmm5157 New Member

I personally thought it was a no-brainer to go for the Q9c.

I can't type on the Centro (buttons are too small) and overall it's huge and hideous. Also, the camera and screen quality seems sub-par. It's actually nice, but from the 15 minutes I spent playing with it at the sprint store, I didn't really like it (not my cup of tea).

I love the speed of the Q9c and how easy it is to add software, hack, and customize. I added SmartToolKit (available from several members on here) and now the phone menus run like Windows Vista.

One of my favorite features is watching YouTube on full-screen, as multimedia really is nice on the Q9c (screen could be a little bigger, but still can't really complain).

With the 30-day return/exchange policy Sprint has, why not buy one and then, if you don't like it, return it for the other one.
  3. danwo

danwo New Member

I would say go with the Q9. The customization capabilities really put it ahead of the Centro, but that is not to say that it is a bad phone. When I had used it on a number of occasions I liked it, but the Q bests it in every way except in a few ways: screen size, touch screen, and a couple others (subjective, I know but--).

-from Q
  4. tool2269

tool2269 New Member

Centro doesnt have GPS does it?
  5. UPdownLoAD

UPdownLoAD New Member

Coming Q108, but as of now, no.