Need MPEG4 AAC Audio Decoder

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by rebelus, Jan 31, 2007.

1. rebelus

rebelus New Member

Need MPEG4 AAC Audio Decoder

I just loaded this audio/video program and when I try to play videos I am getting this pop up before the video plays that displays this messege.

MPEG4 AAC Audio Decoder not included. I was removed from install. I found the program but it wouldn't load into my phone. Does anyone have a copy that works with your smartphone? Let me know.

Thanks
  2. bpaul24

bpaul24 New Member

What program did you load? There is a link to codecs in this thread:

http://www.everythingq.com/forum/software/videos-2723.html?highlight=codecs

I used these for the TCMP and it works fine. Not sure if they will work with your program but you could try.
  3. rebelus

rebelus New Member

I loaded the AAC plugin but when I try to run it from my phone it will not load. How do you load it on the phone?
  4. IgotQ

IgotQ New Member

Did you load the .cab file on your phone? I transferred mine from my mac when my Q was mounted to my computer.

From there you just install the .cab file (in your Q) and restart your Q.
  5. bpaul24

bpaul24 New Member

Copy the .cab file to your Q and then on your Q with file manager go to the file location where you copied your .cab file to and select that file. It should install.
  6. karla

karla New Member

Bringing this up again! :)

Hello all!

So, I received a song from my brother-in-law (via Bluetooth) and was surprised when my phone wouldn't play it using Windows Media Player. After coming here, I learned you need to get another program to play songs or video with sound.

As such, I downloaded TCPMP using a link provided several times on this forum. I've installed TCPMP, which comes up with no problem. However, when I try to play the MP4 I received, I get the error about the "MPEG4 AAC Audio Decoder not included".

So, I do some more searching and find out I need to download several codecs as well. Several threads referenced a TCPMP AAC codec on rarewares.com, which I also downloaded and unzipped. However, I get the following message whenever I try to install the codec,
    "Internal error: 00000002
    ALERT
    Unable to launch application reistered for this file."

I've downloaded this codec several times, have restarted the phone and nothing works!

Does anyone have any tips or tricks you can share? All I want is to be able to play short videos and a few songs, but I'm getting really tired of searching for the exact things I need that will work with my phone.

Thanks! :)

Karla
  7. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

@ karla,
    you need to use the aac.ARM_SP.CAB. The other cab files are for other phones/pocket PCs. ......SP stands for SmartPhone.
  8. karla

karla New Member

Thanks, MBK2. That is the file I've been using. However, I continue receiving that message. Does it matter if install the above file on my Q, or should I be using my PC?

Thanks!
    Karla
  9. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

If that cab file is already on your Q, then it should be installing fine.
    The aac plugin cabs originally come in a zip, have you unzipped it and only using the above mentioned cab?
  10. karla

karla New Member

Yeah, it's really weird! I downloaded the .zip file, and attempted to install the ARM_SP.CAB file. Each time I do, I get the error message. I tried installing it on the Q and installing it on the SD card, and get the same error each time.

I can't think of what I need to do to get the codec to install! *scratches head*
  11. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Hmmmm...I wonder if you have tcpmp running and it needs to closed out in taskmanager before being able to install the codec??
  12. karla

karla New Member

It's a thought! I'll try it...

Nope....Task Manger only shows my email running. :(

I also tried it the other way (with TMPCP running)...same result.

Good idea though!
  13. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Which version of TCPMP do you have? 0.72RC1?

Might be a last resort, but at this point might also be worth a shot...completely deltet the AAC cab and the entire TCPMP program and reinstall TCPMP again. Then reload and try to install the plugin after that...worth a try.
  14. karla

karla New Member

Yep, I'm running version 0.72RC1 of TCPMP. I'll try deleting everything again, and hope it'll work this time. I'll let you know!

Thanks for your help, thus far! :)

Karla
  15. kloid

kloid New Member

No Problems here

I just downloaded the tcpmp and aac codec listed and everything worked. Maybe restart your phone. Glad this worked, thanks for the info people, now I can use videora to convert to mP4 and the videos work great as well as sound, now I wish they had flash support so that I could develope some of my own flash based apps like I did for the Sony Clie. :angry:

Oh PS I ran the codec installer right from the PC, not on the phone, worked like a charm and I think it should be that way maybe from the PC.