need help with outlook 2007

Discussion in 'Windows PC and Moto Q' started by dustoff, Aug 18, 2007.

1. dustoff

dustoff New Member

need help with outlook 2007

i cant seem to figure out how to sync my Q with outlook 07, can anyone help me out?
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

do you have active sync downloaded (for PCs with XP) or Mobile Device Center (for PCs with vista)?
  3. dustoff

dustoff New Member

yeah i do, i have Xp and am running the lastest version of active sync
  4. n99hockey

can you be more specific with the issue?
    are you getting an error or anything?
  5. dustoff

dustoff New Member

i just dont know how to sync it, i plug in my Q and active sync comes up, i just want to know how to back up my contacts on my pc
  6. n99hockey

open active sync and go to tools options and then check the boxes you want to have sync with the Q
  7. banker4u

banker4u New Member

HELP! I love the Q but hate the sync!

I have been working on the same issue for hours. I am running Windows Mobile 5.0, XP Professional SP2, Outlook 2007 (not exchange), and ActiveSync 4.5. I can sync the phone successfully but no data transfers from my PC to the Q. I have deleted the mobile device connection (PC to Mobile and Mobile to PC) and run the Outlook detect and repair but nothing seems to work.

I do not know if this is important but I only use Outlook 2007 for calendar and contacts, I use Eudora for e-mail.

I am trying to transfer my calendar and contacts and have verified that the check boxes for each of those are selected. If I can't get this to work I am gonna have to trade the Q in for something else. Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks for your time

Banker4u:smile:
  8. try unplugging/ disabling any external drives or devices that may use a usb controller/ port. I only use outlook 03 for syncing contacts and calendar so the email is not the issue. Completely wipeout any profile you may have on your machine. If that doesn't work, then try downloading mobile device center to get it to sync properly. Its not the Q, but office 2007 has its fair share of problems.
  9. banker4u

banker4u New Member

Tony BoD, Thanks for the reply. I do not have any exteral drives/devices hooked up and have deleted the profile. Unfortunately I can't use Mobile Device Center because I am running Windows XP Pro SP2.

It looks like I am stuck.....
  10. Could you run it by right clicking on mobile device center and choosing run in xp compatibility mode?
    Remove the usb drivers and host on your pc. restart the machine. let it find the drivers. restart again.
  11. smiller2076

smiller2076 New Member

Are you getting any error codes from the Q or ActiveSync? You can also check the sync options to see if the info on the Q is overwritten by the desktop or vice versa. I had a similar problem and I adjusted the Q to always overwrite the desktop.