Need help with Motorola Q phones

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by suitechic1979, Oct 9, 2009.

1. suitechic1979

suitechic1979 New Member

Need help with Motorola Q phones

Hello. I have had the Motorola Q for a few months now. My ex-fiance was really into the technology of it all, and he didn't teach me much about anything. My Motorola Q quit working yesterday. When I woke up in the morning I had the "white screen of death", and nothing I do can fix it. I have his phone but some of the keys aren't working right on it. Like the back button makes a whole bunch of 888s. I was wondering if reinstalling the OS would do anything. Or if anyone knew anything about fixing the first phone. I can't even get it to turn on, even with pressing the center button too. I really don't know a whole lot about the technology but am pretty good at picking things up if needed. Thanks.
  2. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

with the first one...

Remove the battery for a min then put it on a wall charger for a little bit. Prefferably with the device off. May just have a very drained battery

you can try a master reset on the sevond one. It may help.
  3. suitechic1979

suitechic1979 New Member

Thanks for your help. I am charging the first phone. The second phone everything is working now except for the 7 key. It shows up at 6 not 7.
  4. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

First thing to try with the original q's is always the 15 sec battery pull
  5. relisted

relisted Member

deff try a master reset on the second q to fix the keys
  6. suitechic1979

suitechic1979 New Member

I did the master reset of the second phone and the numbers are still messed up. And somehow I accidentally put it in lock mode and the * key isn't working to unlock it.. i'm thinking of going to buy a new phone today.
  7. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

you can try the power on master reset.. sounds like it may have other issues tho