Need help on getting data working on Q on ALLTEL network

Discussion in 'Alltel' started by RichardReed, Oct 4, 2006.

1. RichardReed

RichardReed New Member

Need help on getting data working on Q on ALLTEL network

I have purchased Q phone (brand new) from Ebay and activated it on ALLTEL carrier by changing the ESN to my account. I have EVDO data service on the account, but I am not having much luck finding master user/pass to use data on PDA and via USB. The phone work just fine with voice and text messaging..

It should be MobileNumber@alltel.net with password of alltel

Anyone know how to modify the phone to make it work on non-VZ carriers? I already had the AAA (Data Auth Server) updated to match the phone ESN..

Thanks!
  2. ausmatt

ausmatt New Member

Ive heard alltel's data is differnt...

Because my cousin had a vzn q in december but the datalink/broadband would never work on it.
  3. jchandler

jchandler New Member

I've read elsewhere that your situation will not work.
  4. livspop

livspop New Member

I can confirm that it will not work, period. Sorry you wasted your money. Can you activate it on Verizon?
  5. RichardReed

RichardReed New Member

Nah, I didn't waste any money except for my time as I have resold the Q back on eBay within a week after getting it from eBay. The 1st phone has issue (non-data) which turned out first batch of Verizon Q phones has known hardware issues which I was glad I was able to get rid of. I already got new ALLTEL Q phone last week with WARRANTY for $99 after rebate..

I wouldn't pay service with Verizon when I can get it with free service with ALLTEL as I work there. Verizon sucks with their TOS on limitation what you can do with their data service. (They claims unlimited but really 5GB cap and I do excess that 5GB limitation easily monthly with my PC Card).

6. ausmatt

ausmatt New Member

Yeah thats what I did.

With a deal like that why shouldnt you get a brand new one WITH warrenty.
  7. gmplr831

gmplr831 New Member

Thats why i love sprint. No problems either with data usage!
  8. RichardReed

RichardReed New Member

Yep, it is also a good thing that Sprint/ALLTEL has very good data roaming agreement.

9. oddllama

oddllama New Member

no money wasted, I'm using it right now. Just set your DUN to dial #777, no username or password and presto!. Took me a while to learn this. Your welcome ;)

-Llama