Need Help! - New Error when trying to synch with Missing Sync

Discussion in 'Mac and Motorola Q' started by spencew, Mar 5, 2009.

1. spencew

spencew New Member

Need Help! - New Error when trying to synch with Missing Sync

This morning, for no obvious reason, I received the following error when trying to sync my Q9h to my macbook.

"The device components for Missing Sync for Windows Mobile could not be installed. Please make sure there is space available on your device."

There is plenty of space on my device. I've looked all through these forums and missing sync's and can't find a solution. Does anyone have experience with this?

I'm using Missing Sync Ver. 4.0.4 (446)
    OS X 10.5.6
    Moto Q 9h

Thanks very much for any help anyone can provide.

spence
  2. spencew

spencew New Member

Tried master reset, did not fix the problem.

Went to the atom bomb and did a master clear. Was then prompted to install missing sync cab onto phone and looked to work.

Seems to me that that the better solution is figuring out how to uninstall missing sync from the phone without doing a master clear.

I'm obviously a complete novice at this...just want my phone to work...thanks for anyone else's experiences.

s
  3. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

to uninstall an app
    start
    settings
    remove programs
  4. spencew

spencew New Member

Either I completely didn't see the program in the list of programs to uninstall, or it didn't show up. I went there first to try to remove it. Not seeing it, I went to the master clear option. Thanks for the reply though.

Spence