Need help getting data off dead phone

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by mafishman1, May 26, 2010.

1. mafishman1

mafishman1 New Member

Need help getting data off dead phone

Hey guys, I have a dead Q that no longer has any service or anything. It's just old and no longer in use. I would like to recover pictures off of this phone. The problem is that it gives me the "Motorola Flash Mode" error that I hear is death. My PC won't recognize it when connected via a USB cable. My question is....is there ANY way to get the data from the phone? I don't care if I have to tear it apart and connect directly to the memory or something. I figure there has to be a way to do this. Obviously I don't care what happens to the phone or if it will be useable. I just want the data off of it. ANY IDEAS? Someone out there has to figure out a way to do this. THANKS!!
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

what data are you trying to get off of it?
    did you have anything on the SD card? if so just take it out and put it in a card reader on the PC
  3. mafishman1

mafishman1 New Member

I am trying to recover pictures specifically and possibly text messages. But I need the pictures. They are not on an SD card, just were on the internal memory of the phone. Again, I don't have service on the phone. I tried to connect the phone to my computer with a USB cable, but the computer doesn't recognize the device because the q is giving me the "motorola flash mode" error. From what I have read the only way to fix that is to wipe the phone and start over. But I'm not interested in getting the phone to work, I just want the pictures off of the internal memory. I fear that they are lost, but I'm not giving up. I'm hoping there is a way to either download the pictures and data off the phone directly OR to even take the phone apart and get it directly off of the chip or whatever similar to taking the hard drive out of a dead computer and making it a slave to a working computer to recover files. Problem is I don't know enough about the hardware or software of the phone to do this. Any help would be awesome.