Need help deleting an .exe (SPBattMet)

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by roscoe22, Feb 4, 2009.

1. roscoe22

roscoe22 New Member

Hey, you're back! Tried: Start>System Tools>Task Manager and got the same ole thing. Just the "Task Manager" app was running. I created a new post to see if anyone has tried one of the third party "SafeMode" apps floating around out there. Some went as far back as 2005 for PPC w/wm5.0. If the .exe is associating with another file after bootup, it seems I either have to:

1) break the association (in this case shutdown Power Management programs), or

2) run this guy in a safe-mode configuration.

What perplexes me is that I can't find a solution for smartphones that are not touchscreen. I can't be the lone solider with an entrenched .exe in the Startup folder!
  2. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

1. You can't remove it legitimately because it was not installed legit, it was just dropped in the start up folder.

2. You can't remove it because it loads immediately on start up and ties into the system API and makes it hooked and therefore in use.

Here is an old hacker's solution, let me know if it works for you or you need to figure out how to do it but it should be quite easy.

Open Notepad on your desktop
    type: del /y <name of the exe EXACTLY>
    save it as _.cmd or _.bat eitehr way (make sure you name it with UNDERSCORE)
    put it in the same folder as the exe
    shutdown your device
    turn it back on, done.
  3. roscoe22

roscoe22 New Member

O.K. Guardian, I'll try it. The file is "SPBatt.exe". If I understood this correctly the file will look like this:

Typed as:

"del (space) /y (space) SPBatt_.cmd"

Thus looking like:

"del /y SPBatt_.cmd" or "del /y SPBatt_.bat"

If this is correct let me know. Thanks a lot for the help.
  4. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

No, inside the file you put the single line:

del /y SPBatt.exe

and then save the file with the name _.bat
  5. roscoe22

roscoe22 New Member

After a grueling session, GUARDIAN figured out the solution. Thank God for the Gurus partcipating in this forum. His final information is posted below for all:

Extract the files in the attached zip file and then while connected to your PC, make sure it shows the windows directory, run the enable_rapi.bat file to elevate your permissions and then rename the startup folder to startup.donotload and then restart your phone and delete the file and then rename the folder back to startup and restart, that will work.

http://eguardian.mobi/res/eQ/EnableRAPI.zip[/quote]
  6. roscoe22

roscoe22 New Member

P.S. Only use the above post utilizing Enable Rapi.zip. Disregard all other attempts (e.g., batch files, etc.) listed before.
  7. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

Good to here you found the solution!
  8. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

wow...that was a rough one!!