Need Hack/Option Change

Discussion in 'Moto Q Hacks' started by wiltshp, Oct 1, 2007.

1. wiltshp

wiltshp New Member

Need Hack/Option Change

Hey, not sure exactly what forum this should be posted in, so I tried here, MODS please move if it isn't correct. I'm not sure if other people are experiencing this or not, but from within the contacts menu, if you have multiple numbers for one person, it always defaults to the last called. I'd like it to always default to the mobile number. Is there a setting change or Hack that has been identified for this?
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

you can scroll over top of the contact and hit the right direction on the D-pad to tell the device what should be the default number
  3. wiltshp

wiltshp New Member

I don't know if I understand what you are saying. Sorry, when I scroll over the name and hit the right direction on the DPAD it just changes which numbers I can call. Am I confused on what the DPAD is? Also, if this does work, will I have to do it for every contact?
  4. n99hockey

it will scroll over what numbers that contact HAS but whatever number you leave it on will be default

the d-pad is the directional pad (thing around the center silver button)
  5. wiltshp

wiltshp New Member

So there is no way of always defaulting back to mobile. Meaning...... if I click contacts, and scroll down to whomever, and using the Dpad, change to their work number and hit the green call button. Next time I try to call them it will default to their work number, not the mobile. That's what I was trying to change, no matter what I always want it to default to the mobile number, unless one isn't provided. Also.... thank you for your patience.
  6. n99hockey

yes that is what will happen
    if you want the mobile to be default then next to the contact make it say 'm' for mobile
    if you want to dial the work number then open the contact and scroll down to the work number
    then it wont change your default setting