Need a new phone

Discussion in 'US Cellular' started by jzotz2, Jun 3, 2009.

1. jzotz2

jzotz2 Member

Need a new phone

My Q1 has treated me well, but it's buttons are not reacting like they used to, and sometimes it freezes up. Contract is up to be renewed this summer, and I want a new phone. I need EVDO capability, I would prefer a physical keyboard not just a touch screen (but I want that too), and it needs more than just a few GBs of expandable memory. So far, the only phone that USCC is offering that meets those requirements is the HTC Touch Pro, which is $230 after rebate, that's kinda high. Are there any alternatives out there for me? Thanks.

Edit: Almost forgot, Wi-Fi is also key. Wi-Fi and EVDO are the two really important pre-req's
  2. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

are you saying you would jump off the USCC ship for that? if not...what they have are your choices!
  3. jzotz2

jzotz2 Member

I stayed with USCC. Getting off the family plan was too expensive, and since insurance shipped me a new phone that I didn't like, I'm going to sell it to hopefully cover most of the cost of the Touch Pro, which is totally worth every penny but it is pricey.

If anyone is considering that phone, get it and tighten that belt for a bit.
  4. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

I have to agree. I had my Touch Pro replaced last week because of some bluetooth issues, on the old phone if I took it off of the charger at 7am it would have been dead by around 5. On this one, I took it off the charger at 7am like normal and here it is 8PM and I still have 2 bars left on the battery. And I didn't change my usage any (actually I increased it a bit because now that the bluetooth is working I use my headset to listen to music for about an hour round trip to and from work)