Navizon

Discussion in 'Samsung Saga' started by drewcam888, Sep 23, 2009.

1. drewcam888

drewcam888 New Member

Navizon

Has anyone tried Navizon on the Saga. Does the radio location work? Does it freeze much. I am looking into a saga replacement for my xv6800.
    If you dont have Navizon click the link in my signature to sign up. You can earn money while driving around town and on trips. All you do is log wifi and cell tower and earn money. I promise it is for real. It isn't a lot of money but if you live in a city then you can earn a decent amount.
  2. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

i couldnt get it to work when i tested it. I think it froze at the Navizon splash screen. I have been using Garmin, Google Navigator, and Amaze all with no problems though
  3. drewcam888

drewcam888 New Member

Well I use garmin to. I just use the program to log and earn money. It isn't that good for gps. What version did you try? When did you try it? recently?
  4. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

My last swing was maybe July-August

I have my vanilla saga right now i can install for you real quick and let you know.
  5. drewcam888

drewcam888 New Member

If you had it installed previously then make you you uninstall and delete the program files directory for navizon.
  6. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

lol i've hard reset numerous times since then (not because i had to, EVERYtime)

well look at that, its running and full screen too, it looks like i need to create an account thought because it "could not connect to the server"

so i say you're good to go
  7. drewcam888

drewcam888 New Member

so push cancel. Does the radio light go green. Or is it gray?
  8. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

its not on right now, im about to create an account right now though so i can give you a full test. In the meanwhile, can you explain getting paid again?
  9. drewcam888

drewcam888 New Member

Yeah so you get points for each wifi and cell tower you log. After 10000 points you get 10 dollars. If you want to redeem more than 1 rewards you have to buy the premium which is 10. So I suggest this. Get 10000 redeem first reward for money in case you dont believe. Then use second reward to buy premium account. Then redeem unlimited rewards from there out. Using wifi logs the most poinst but uses the most battery. So I have navizon running and my phone plugged in the entire time I drive around.

Also you will have to watch but navizon does freeze and crash. If you decide to keep navizon then use cameraware buddy to start and stop navizon. If the program freeze then you can minimize it and then just push stop on cameraware buddy. This saves you having to do a soft reset to unfreeze the software. http://www.modaco.com/content/forum...on-v1-0-1-1-2009-02-22-power-saving-features/

Dont forget to sign up using the link in my signature. You get referral points from people.
  10. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

ooops i didnt sign up thru your link but i did use your code so you still get your 20%

It says no known cell or wifi nodes in range, does that mean it's ripe around here?

and my light is still off i got the light version but the web page says i have the premium

also there isnt a center of the d-pad on the saga just the touch sensor which you can press but it does not zoom in on the map
  11. drewcam888

drewcam888 New Member

make sure you have a gps signal. If you do the screen should look similar to the attached shot.

Tha __APs and _ Cells will appear when a gps signal is locked. Also is radio is gray then it won't log cell towers. This is still ok since 90% of my points come from wifi since there are so many.

Attached Files:

12. drewcam888

drewcam888 New Member

Click menu then go to dashboard. You are seeing the map view which I dont use since I just log. Also I suggest you go to menu then setting. Set power to high so wifi stays on all the time to log more points. This uses some more power since navizon doesn't turn the wifi on and off.
  13. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

wifi and gps is green but phone is still off
  14. drewcam888

drewcam888 New Member

Well that lets me know what works and what doesn't. You can either use autosync under settings or manually sync with menu-sync.
  15. drewcam888

drewcam888 New Member

Also if you or anyone else has any questions on Navizon let me know. With a pm or post.
  16. drewcam888

drewcam888 New Member

Here is something else to check. If you have your sim unlocked and a sim available. Put the phone is gsm only mode. Make sure you have a signal and then see if Navizon will find the different radio.
  17. drewcam888

drewcam888 New Member

Can some check and see if it see the gsm radio. I am hoping it should since tower identification is different.
  18. denzilorton22

denzilorton22 New Member

You are right that It had been gsm radio. But I have not understood that It had been not possible that The identification of the tower had been different . I think that More customers had used that radio using RBS. I think that His card has been blocked.