My TiVo screwed up tonight's episode of 24

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by qnoob, Feb 26, 2007.

1. qnoob

qnoob New Member

My TiVo screwed up tonight's episode of 24

[rant]
    I'm so pissed, my TiVo hiccup'ed and didn't record tonights episode of 24. It does that from time-to-time, the TV tuner hangs when switching channels and shows that it's recording, but when you watch it, it's just a minute of nothing.

I'm going to have to download it somewhere and burn it to a cd or dvd (and hopefully a format that'll play in my divx-enabled dvd player). This is just frustrating.
    [/rant]
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

ouch that sucks...you can always dl it from itunes for 1.99....it was a great episode...heck they are all GREAT!
  3. qnoob

qnoob New Member

yeah, I found it on the usual torrent sites.
  4. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

I had the same problem happen to me with Survivor Fiji. You can check recording history to find out what happened. In my case, it said "someone in my household had modified my season pass". Not true. Apparently, there have been issues with the guide data coming through from Directv.

If you have Directv, that could be the issue. I bought it through iTunes and last week taped fine.

-Chris
  5. Suture

Suture New Member

I have a Motorola HD DVR through Verizon's FIOS TV service. The only reason I got it was because I wanted to punch myself in the head after dealing with building my HTPC -- so I could record episodes of Battlestar Galactica.

BSG is the ONLY show I watch (well, now I watch Heroes). I have been home every single time to make sure I can catch it, even though I have the DVR set to record. So last weekend I had to work over the entire weekend, and stayed at a hotel out of town so I was closer to my office. Sure enough, I come back to home on Monday and find that the DVR took a crap and decided to give up recording 40 minutes into BSG. THE ONLY TIME I am not there... figures.

Hooray for newsgroups!
  6. inf3st

inf3st New Member

I prefer news groups as well.
  7. tj!2k6

tj!2k6 New Member

same here !
  8. inf3st

inf3st New Member

What newsgroups do ya'll use?
  9. Suture

Suture New Member

I've been using NewsHosting (http://www.newshosting.com) for a little over a year now. I have the $15/month unlimited/45 day retention plan. Speeds are great.
  10. tj!2k6

tj!2k6 New Member

11. MattB

MattB New Member

Fox has a page where you can go watch all the earlier episodes of their shows. Its actually a MySpace page- http://www.myspace.com/fox I'm not sure how far back it goes, but the quality is really good. I think there are like 2 or 3 30 second commercials but hey its free and its legal.
  12. g35rocker

g35rocker New Member

A few shows can be seen on the internet after the show has aired. So if you miss a show, go to their web page, abc.com, nbc.com, etc and see if the show is available for viewing. Yes, there are commercials!