My Telus data plan bill this month = over $2,000!!!

Discussion in 'International' started by lovesick101, Mar 24, 2007.

1. cleung

cleung New Member

Check your data usage from bell for free

If you are using bell, you can check your data usage with Tcare, it is a free service from bell, you text message 82273 and enter something like "data usage" on the text, sent it out. You will receive a text message back with a menu, you just reply with the letter indicated from the menu, in a few minutes you should receive the data usage.

Now, the "FREE" part probably only means they won't charge you text message fee. I am not sure if it use some of the "data", I bet it does.
  2. bodean

bodean New Member

Bell has a 1G plan for $100 a month
  3. cleung

cleung New Member

Not anymore, although it is still on their website, but if you called in to Bell, they will tell you the plan has been "expired" two months ago. They won't find out just like that, they will find out when you are trying to go for the plan, and the rep couldn't enter into the system and have a message saying this plan is no longer available.
  4. Spyctre

Spyctre New Member

Heads Up!

Hey I'm new to this forum. Although I'm not an owner of a MotoQ, I ran into a post someone wrote on this site and I just have to throw in my two-cents.

Word around the grapevine is that unfortunately, Canada has The Worst cellular service there is. Although these allegations may not be 100% accurate, I hear that the major cellphone companies pay off our government to keep the competition out. Thus all of Canada's cellular service is nearly a monopoly. Since all the cellular towers are owned by the big companies, it's surprising to know even how companies like Virgin Mobile and the new Koodoo (with very 'tarded commercials) even got into this market. Even still, they're network coverage is limited.

If you take a look at the U.S., they have more wireless carries than we do here. Bell, Telus, Rogers, and Fido (aka. Rogers). Ask anybody else who has cellular service with any other company besides what I just listed and they'll tell you they don't pay nearly as much as we do.

As far as I can tell, the only real way to avoid FUBAR'd monthly cellphone invoices is to go pre-paid, which as you all probably know, is unrealistic based even on minimalist users.

I hope my message reaches to more people as I believe everyone should be Aware of these issues.

P.S. DON'T SIGN ANY CONTRACTS Period. :wink:

Hope this helps..