My Solution.... To Battery Draining Problems

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by Michael Pursley, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Michael Pursley

Michael Pursley New Member

My Solution.... To Battery Draining Problems

I had Battery Draining problems for the first couple of months. Infact, I made my carrier give me a new phone because of my constant battery drain problem. Not only, did the phone completely drain itself when I plugged it in to charge, but it would, on occasion, discharge itself within 2 hours after it registered all bars as fully charged.

YYyyesss, I listened to the experts who said "kill all the apps" a procedure which they say will solve all the phone's problem, and which I did religiously. but no it doesn't.

I also, checked the phone connection each night to make sure that the phone registered as "connected" (a good thing to do!). But none of these things actually "solved the problem".

I believe that I have the problem solved, inasuch as it has not happened again. This is after about 100 hours of research, numberous phone calls, two phones and one 3200Mah battery later, I found that when the phone did discharge on me (and it did even with the second new phone and the second extended battery), it was after I messed with the phone's internal alarm clock, either by setting it or by adjusting it. Eurika! I will buy a new alarm clock for the phone and see what happens.

Well...it worked... I have not had a prematurely discharged phone or a phone that would not charge since I made the switch..... 3 weeks ago. The other day, I surfed all day at a wedding, made numerous phone calls to find lost people, myself included, and my son used it as a flashlight for about three hours on the way home(the software for which you can buy in the down load section) and I still had one bar left when I got home. (did I mentined that I have the extended battery?) Anyway, I hope this helps. Good Luck!
    By the way, I no longer kill any apps......it doesn't really solve the problem and now I don't have to.....
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

bottom line your battery usage was mainly (ab)-used by the build-in alarm ?
  3. Michael Pursley

Not usage per se, but a software glitch, hence the discharge.
  4. missybocou

missybocou New Member

Battery Drain

So what exactly did you do to solve the battery problem? Thx
  5. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Alarm and Battery Life

I haven't used the built-in alarm on my Q in months (I use Gentimer for alarms), and I still only get about a day's use.

That's OK as far as I'm concerned, but I'd love to get more.

Steve
  6. FourTwenSesh

FourTwenSesh Active Member

I noticed this happened to my Q as well, I thought I had left the camera flash on or something overnight, but this is definitely the symptom. Alarm program it is!
  7. missybocou

missybocou New Member

Is Gentimer something that can be downloaded or ????? Help!
  8. Michael Pursley

Stopped using the internal alarm clock !! That's all, nothing else..
  9. Michael Pursley

If you got a day's use out of the standard battery....you have done very well my friend![​IMG]
  10. Michael Pursley

Yes, it is in the download section of this forum. However, I use "Alarm Master" also in the download section and I love it.
  11. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Gentimer

Yes, check out Rivia.net.

Steve

P.S. You might want to delete that second post. :wink:
  12. Jenife

Jenife New Member

OK this is my problem. Maybe you can help me. Mine phone won't charge, or does and won't show that the battery is full. My husband and I got our phone, which are the same, at the same time and he doesn't have a problem with his. I have been in contact with Microsoft ( >< ) and it didn't really help. My software is the latest so I don't need to update. I don't understand how they would be able to check the battery. oh yea I'll walk in the store and say can you check my battery it won't charge at night. OH PLEASE!!! Yea I want to be looked at like I'm completely insane. I think NOT!!! I really love the phone but just not happy with the battery. I run a home business and use my phone a lot. Now I'm wondering after reading this if that could have been my problem all this time. I've been using the alarm since the first day I got my phone. So I'll try this tonight and let you know. Thanks for the information.
  13. Jenife

Jenife New Member

I wanted to let you know thats I tried turning off my alarm and it worked I have had no more problems...thanks again.
  14. arsreh

arsreh New Member

how do you shut the alarm off

I do not know where to shut the alarm off thanks
  15. kscwv

kscwv New Member

only one i know of is settings > (E) clock&alarm > alarm off
  16. tonygump

tonygump New Member

FYI - I use the internal alarm clock daily (sometimes more often to remind me of the time). I've never had a battery dicharge problem. Had my Q almost a year..
  17. Markv723

Markv723 New Member

Many thanks for the info. I turned off the alarm earlier today after reading your post and the battery life has been great. My girlfriend was completely astonished that none of our phone calls today were dropped due to the battery croaking!
  18. moneymike

moneymike New Member

I have to admit at first I was real skeptical about this solution. My battery life first started acting up after the MOL3 update so I was sure that was the problem. I mean I was lucky if my phone lasted six hours on a single charge. I tried everything and to no avail, so I was like screw it let me try this out before I actually replace the phone. I toggled the alarm on and off a few times and charged it before heading to bed this passed Saturday, and today my battery is at a crazy 75% full! I can't believe it actually worked. Now I just laugh every time I check my phone. Much thanks to the man with the master plan.
  19. fareal

fareal New Member

Alarm Clock causing battery drain.. wow.. I'll have to keep this in mind. I use mine occasionally but usually only in the morning and not every day so I usually turn it off in the morning after it activates. I'll definitely keep an eye on this though.
  20. Aries

Aries New Member

this is weird but i have to agree...i was all scared that that speed hack or the nes games i got were causing my drainage..lol..ive been using my nokia 6620 as my alarm clock due to the 'rooster; alarm tone it has(You hate it but love it at the same time)HAHA...but yea i was jus on days off for 2 days and didnt have to charge my q at all...it kept its charge for 2 full days and when i plugged it in last night it still had 3 bars showing...i can honestly say sinse i stopped using that alarm in there its been fine??strange but whutever...jus glad its keeping its charge..