MY RINGtoNE doesnt Stop HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by McGRUFF, May 22, 2007.

1. McGRUFF

McGRUFF New Member

MY RINGtoNE doesnt Stop HELP!!!!

i downloaded a song from my comp. and set it as a ringtone for my messages to my phone. but now when i receive a text the music does'nt stop! how can i make it stop as soon as i open the text
  2. troutseth

troutseth Guest

You need to use a ringtone not the whole version of the song. Most ring tones are 15 seconds of the song or so. You can search on here for creating ringtones for some programs that let you snip a song down to ring tone length.
  3. Xian

Xian New Member

You can't stop a text message ringtone. You have to edit the mp3 file to be shorter (however long you want the sound to play). If you use it as your regular ringtone, it'll stop when you press a button but for texts, no such luck. you're wasting space anyway by having a file that large if you're only wanting to hear 3 or 5 seconds of it.
  4. McGRUFF

McGRUFF New Member

Wow

thaxs for your help. :2cool:
  5. McGRUFF

McGRUFF New Member

ONE More QuesTion

why when i get in email on my msn account my phone says email(0) on the front screen. but when i go to my message its right there. i would like it for it to show on my phones desktop if its possible
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

is that msn account web based email, or is it sent to the Q ? i believe there are 2 different plugins for the email-counter.
  7. McGRUFF

McGRUFF New Member

yeah

well i went online and opened an email account with hotmail. and then i check my mail thru the pocket msn. but when i get an email my phone doesnt recieve it. is there something i have to download or sign on to
  8. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 New Member

I have a set of "quickie" (<3sec) mp3s for alert sounds, then 30 second clips for ring tones. I don't put entire songs on my phone. That's what Sirius and Orb are for :2cool:
  9. Zuck

Zuck New Member

Check out Audacity for mp3 editing. You'll have to download that program (it's shareware i.e. free) plus another file to actually export the mp3. I've been using it for little while now and find it easy to plug and play. Now I'm looking forward to cutting songs down to 3 sec for alerts. I hadn't thought of that!