My q9m=lemon

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by Hipkik, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Hipkik

Hipkik New Member

My q9m=lemon

well got my q9m today in the mail and whoa significantly not as described (eBay has failed me once again) it doesn't charge, if u can get it on it loops at the vzw logo or goes to the battery thing with an X in it, ugh is their any use in trying to revive it? my eyes fell in love with it but lordy no point in having a sexy paper weight
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

remain calm.. charge it overnight and see what that does.

potQ9c
  3. Hipkik

Hipkik New Member

lol its been charging since about 2 or 3 this afternoon, the minute i pull the charger its dead, at first I thought it was the blackberry charger the seller provided me but after using the q's charger still nothing. contacted the seller and may open a dispute if i can't get a "free" replacement
  4. Tech.erella

Tech.erella New Member

Yeah give it a charge overnight and see what happens. Why did you buy it from Ebay if they failed you in the past? Don't mean to pontificate, but it's always buyer beware when it comes to Ebay.
  5. Hipkik

Hipkik New Member

lol like most avid eBayers i<3 ebay, and it was cheaper than retail at verizon, paypal usually has me covered if anything like this happens so its never really been a big issue, also the battery is banged up and i can't tell if theres a hole in it but there is some crust near the dent but im probably going to return because it still is far from the condition advertised
  6. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

if there's crust, it's likely that the battery is leaking. I'd think that returning it may be the best bet. if it is leaking there's not telling what else is wrong
  7. Hipkik

Hipkik New Member

well i just tried my cousin's original q battery and sure enough it powered up, seemed to work fine but eh, wouldn't trust it. not sure if the smell of bubblegum has anything to do with it.....
  8. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

if you can...could confirm battery issue by trying a battery from a carrier store. but yea..crust..sounds bad.

my kids dont like crust either... =)
  9. Hipkik

Hipkik New Member

might try and coax the seller into next day(ing) me a battery, i can live with the scratches but it just added to the problem of not having a 100% functional phone
  10. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

hey hipkik, seriously if you want a new battery I will ship you my old one. I upgraded to a new battery since the old one started to lose charge often. Hey I know its not new but still, its a free offer.

Take an old toothbrush and open the battery case. Scrub the battery and the connections with the toothbrush to clean off the corrosion. Go ahead and throw away the battery that came with it. After scrubbing the battery case with the toothbrush blow it dry with a computer duster or the like and that should at least take care of any corrosion left on the Q.
  11. Hipkik

Hipkik New Member

i might have to take you up on that offer, I might search around tomorrow and find one, when i put my cousin battery in and powered it up i was like =D i love windows mobile (wm>bb)
  12. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

so jah.. I was correct :}

potQ9c
  13. sherri

sherri Active Member

Aren't you always?
  14. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

I would say so, yes..

potQ9c
  15. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

another negative vote for EBay
  16. Hipkik

Hipkik New Member

=O lol (10characters)
  17. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

gotten love the posters that say, they been reading the Q for a while and they still do the EBay thing.

Not this PO, i hope.
  18. Hipkik

Hipkik New Member

well atleast i know its just the battery and not any hw/sw issues "yet" i just took the wrapping off the batt and sure enough looks like someone went ape and stabbed it
  19. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

bad battery! no more wire hangers!! XD
    seriously if your interested send me your shipping info and itll be in the mail
  20. Hipkik

Hipkik New Member

man, maybe this phone is a complete lemon, i haven't activated it yet but it doesn't get any service it has two semi circles by the antenna...my phone is off so I can't activate it yet but I don't want to waste time activating if i have to return....