My Q turns on and off!!!!

Discussion in 'Windows PC and Moto Q' started by akdmks09, Jan 13, 2008.

1. akdmks09

akdmks09 New Member

My Q turns on and off!!!!

Hey guys.
    My Q is being <censored>. Ok. I would turn it on and be rockin for a while then it would just shut off and turn back on again Or when i turn it on it would go to the Verizon screen...go black....then go right back to the Veizon screen again. It would keep doing this. Basically it keeps turning on and off. Tried different batteries. Tried Resets. No luck. Can somebody PLEEEEEEAAASSSSEEEEE help me. :embarassed:
  2. Rcnathan

Rcnathan New Member

you might want to try a Master Reset. :frown: If that doesn't fix it take it into the Tech at VZW
  3. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

got insurance? swap it out.
  4. lexicon

lexicon New Member

You're going to want to check your startup apps and see what's going on during start up to freeze up your phone. Additionally uninstall apps one by one and see if which one or combinations of apps are possibly causing your device to freak out. It's potentially a lot of work and it'll take time for testing but it's better than a master reset and losing all your data/settings/customizations...
  5. Rcnathan

Rcnathan New Member

But if his phone doesn't allow him to do that because it just goes into On/Off cycle then he can't check that.

I have had this problem with my 6700 and a reset was the only way around it. :) but hopefully!!! you can check things out on your phone first, master resets are a major pain!!! :(
  6. supersealinc

supersealinc New Member

Same thing

I am having the same problems! :angry: Have you found out how to solve it? Mine happened while I was doing a software update. I did it on my other Q and it was just fine!!! Frustrating.
  7. xxsicpuppyxx

xxsicpuppyxx New Member

I have the solution: SWAP it for another one, make sure they dont give you a REFURBISHED one. Luckily, well... unluckily, my last Q was lost/stolen and was giving me that problem ALOT. I just received my new Q from the insurance company and it is PERFECT. This is my 4th Q by the way and I was about to give up on it. But I gues you have to keep swapping Q's util you get a "good one." STUPID, I know, but...
  8. DMobley1022

DMobley1022 New Member

We have about 50 uesrs in our corporation that use Q's and I support them. Every single user has complained that their Q is always rebooting on its own. We have determined that it has something to do when the Q can't find a signal, a lot of time it will re-boot.

In our building we get terrible signal and throughout the day just walk down the halls and you will hear Q's rebooting left and right.

We have upgraded some users to the 9m, and not much better. It doesn't reboot on its own like the older Q's, it just tells you that you need to re-boot.

9. dchain

dchain New Member

Mine was doing the same thing... I have had 4 referb. ones in the past month, so today they are sending me the new Qm. I have verizon so if you bug them enough they will give you a new one... it was either that one or the Blackberry Pearl which I did not want
  10. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

welcome aboard..

so now-a-days when something is wrong/bad/broken you call it "gay" ? ;]
  11. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

didn't know the Q had a preferance...
  12. DMobley1022

DMobley1022 New Member

So last Friday I updated my phone with the software update from Motorola named:
    MSU_Standalone_Update.exe

My phone has not re-booted since Friday, and normally it re-boots at least 5 times a day; and I even seem to get better signal in my office, thus my battery lasts longer.

Usually I would show up to the office at 7:45am with a fully charged battery and by 1pm the battery would be dead. Today was my 1st full day back at the office since Friday and I made it all day with out changing batteries.

You can find the update by clicking the following link:
    http://direct.motorola.com/hellomot...strCable=Mini USB Data Cable&chkwarranty=true