My phone is acting weird...help.

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Kearney, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Kearney

Kearney New Member

My phone is acting weird...help.

My phone all of a sudden is working very slow. When I lock it, then try to unlock it, it takes for ever to respond, or just doesn't. When I text it show the first couple letters then the letters don't show up. Overall it runs slow or stops altogether. When I soft reset it would work, but its taking less and less time to begin to go haywire. Any ideas? Ever experience this?
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

try SK Tools Lite to clean it up a bit.... (registry and temp files wise)
  3. bigkev890

bigkev890 New Member

same problem

Im having the same issues... now the phone just does nothing. I have sk tools, ran several times, does nothing for the problem. The phone is freezing constantly, when I open my calender, try to make a call, receive a call... if i press a button or try to do something, I have to set the phone down and come back 5mins later and sometimes its on the screen I want, and sometimes not. Also, when sending a text, if it will send a text, i can see the first couple characters, then it goes to white. you can tell its still typing but you cant see it on the screen. Also, had the screen fade to all white the other day, then slowly come back.

I've tried everything except a master reset, which I really dont want to do, but it might be time. Any other suggestions before I wipe everything out?
  4. sherri

sherri Active Member

Make sure you do not have predictive text on. Clear up text messages/e-mail/mms. Then, clear internet cache/memory/cookies. Then run SKTools...

Report back here!:laugh2:
  5. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

SKtools, does a great job if it set up right.
    delete texts, emails, clear out your IE memory and history. turn off predictive text, suggest a word, clear out that history also, reboot the phone.
  6. sherri

sherri Active Member

Echo Echo Echo Echo Echo.....:wink:
  7. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

8. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

9. bigkev890

bigkev890 New Member

done it all

I constantly delete all texts/emails/cache etc... predictive text was one of the first things disabled/deleted when I got the phone as I came right to this forum and read all about it... I started deleting everything on the phone because I use the sirius radio application on the phone every night and that will only run without constant buffering if the entire phone is cleared out, so got into the habbit of doing that all the time
  10. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

just figured that out. no more 10 char.
  11. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

have you ever gone into the messaging part of sktools? Those message dont always get cleared. you have to set it up to search for something. for email i put the @ sign in the search box. for texts, i put the first 3 numbers in.
  12. bigkev890

bigkev890 New Member

i never saw anything in sktools about messages... when i click the icon, it just starts up and does its thing then closes when im done. I see no options or any way to do anything else.
  13. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

you are talking about the autoclean app. SKTools has three programs. one is A manual way of cleaning. there you click on view and select all.
  14. bigkev890

bigkev890 New Member

where can i get that program?
  15. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

your clicking on clean! and not the full sktools app.
  16. bigkev890

bigkev890 New Member

i feel really stupid. had the program for months, never noticed the app other than the auto clean button it installed.... im going to play with that right now and report back how it worked. thanks so much
  17. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

you should have it. the icon looks like a box with sk on the front.
  18. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

:) .
  19. bigkev890

bigkev890 New Member

seemed to help out a lot. not freezing nearly as much... but its still acting weird. I think im going to do the master reset and see if that works.

Thanks again for all of your help. Have an awesome new years!!!
  20. xplicit702

xplicit702 New Member

My phone is now doing the same exact thing, with the freezing up all the time and slow response. I have cleaned up everything on my phone and still have the problems. I have to pull my battery out everytime I get an email or text also. I never had this problem until I installed Skyfire or the new Pic Mail app. Anyone else notice when it began?