My MOTO Q has slowed down to a slow crawl

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by JAlbani, Aug 11, 2008.

1. JAlbani

JAlbani New Member

My MOTO Q has slowed down to a slow crawl

My MOTO Q has slowed down to a slow crawl. Sometimes nothing at all happens when I push the buttons. Most of the time it is when I try to make a call. it just wont dial. Just sits there on the contact I have selected. Takes a battery out reset to get it moving again. then it works for a while. then it does it again.
    Any suggestions?????
  2. okwassup

okwassup Member

yes close all the aplications you have running and erase all the unwanted junk.,
  3. JordanN

JordanN New Member

Erase files

I assume you restarted your phone by now so it is most likely that you have very little storage space left. Get rid of the photos, files and movies you are not using and it should speed up.

The only other thing you can do to check if it is the hardware would be do a full reset.
  4. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

get a copy of SK tools lite (it's on rb's apps page) this will help you make sure your phone has as much free memory as possible.
  5. Danilo

Danilo New Member

slow moto q

I took my phone to verizon where i got my phone. After 1 hour of them calling there people. What they said was to make sure you have your files in your storage card and not on the phones memory. Also you can go to TASK MANAGER on your phone and kill all running programs. Nothing will be deleted just the programs in use will be closed. Also if you want maybe delete some of the files you do not want to use. For example the many wallpapers your phone came with. The main thing that seemed to work for me was deleting unwanted files from the phone and not the storage card. Just becareful what you delete. Also when you recieve new files make sure they go to your storage card and not your phones memory or you will have this problem again. Hope that works for you.

6. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

there has been a great debate over the past years about killing programs. I havee found that many apps can sit idle and not use system resources, however programs like google maps or windows live search do need to be closed (the built in exit button will suffice). Keeping programs on the storage card is a great way to keep the memory in the phone clear. but the biggest thing is the temporary files, PIE or otherwise. SK tools will take care of this (as I mentioned earlier)
    also, if you use the predictive text (always the first thing I turn off) clearing the word history will free up space too.
    and deleting text messages.
  7. Danilo

Danilo New Member

store on storage cards

How do i save everything directly to my storage card and not my phone. Believe it or not but the people at verizon didn't know. thanks

8. uninc4709

uninc4709 New Member

for pictures, open your camera and click menu then go to options. go to camera and put storage card to save files to. for texts im not sure if you can. when installing programs it should give you the option to install to card or your phone
  9. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

I don't think you can do texts either. If you check the sticky in the hacks forum there is a way to save your email to the card directly though.
  10. Jameschrislloyd

Jameschrislloyd New Member

I read in a forum for the Pantech WM5 flip phone that it is a good idea to repeatedly press the 'back' button until you reach the home screen and can't go back anymore. This seems to be better at clearning resources than using the task manager (tho I still use the task manager to kill web browsing to keep my data usage low).
  11. sherri

sherri Active Member

"Predictive Text" also seems to slow down the phone quite a bit. Make sure it is off...