My First Post - My listing of motorola q9c flashes

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by q8lover, May 21, 2009.

1. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

I don't know on that one, I updated my Q9c while it was under warranty.
  2. q8lover

q8lover New Member

youguys have to be skipping a step, MAKE SURE YOU FLASH THE MONSTER AND DIAL *228 and you will have data =)
    DO NOT skip that step
  3. mackdiesel21

mackdiesel21 New Member

Flashing Moto Q9m to Alltel

I am trying to flash a Moto Q9m to alltel. The only flash file that is actually even working for me is the verizon monster for the q9m. I have tried the alltel monster and the generic, but the flash fails everytime. It says "flash failed at RAM" or something like that. If anyone could help me out or let me know if this is even possible I would appreciate it. Thanks
  4. bigwilly

bigwilly New Member

hey im just curious abuot this. i've got a verizon q9m with alltel's q9c 6.0 software and mms on it. why can't you just use the generic CDMA 6.1 software and upload the MMS settings onto that? wouldn't that work? i'm gonna try it i think, so tell me if something's wrong...
  5. blasteryui

blasteryui New Member

Could you or if possible can I flash a verizon to Telus and activate it with Telus?
  6. carolinagirl87

carolinagirl87 New Member

I did this and 6.1 works pefectly! I can't send MMS, but I can recieve them. When I downloaded that CAB file it came up as an XML file and not a cab file. Can anyone explain why or what i'm doing wrong?
  7. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

there are xml files inside the cab file
    did you unzip it by chance?

just download the file and move it to the Q
  8. boyd24266

boyd24266 New Member

Drivin Me NUTS

First off I am running Vista on my pc and I own a Moto Q9c. I have DL RSDlite, installed USB drivers, flashed with Alltel Monster, *228 programmed, flashed with Verizon upgrade. I get Verizon home screen and all that good stuff. Now this is where I get STUCK. I DL Unlock.zip file ran on my pc with phone synced. Ran file on my phone (it did all its wired stuff) I pressed done with phone still synced. I DL CEregedit
    and installed on pc, I also DL Alltel MMS and Settings.zip and unzipped.
    I ran CEregedit connected phone went to edit> import> added Alltel MMS and Settings file it popped up a box that said something like import complete. I saved settings unsynced phone, restarted my phone, I tried to send pic message and I get error message say message could not be sent. I have done this 3x's already. PLS HELP.
  9. torski

torski New Member

Very cool listing, thanks for sharing
  10. stuntz

stuntz New Member

ok...i downloaded the monster file for sprint....i've noticed that no one has posted anything on the flashing procedure...

i've got rsd lite downloaded and installed and have the flash file opened up...before i click start and end up with a brick, is there anything i need to know? thanks for any input...
  11. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

you need to back up some other information using QPST before flashing, Basically follow the instructions in this post by CellZealot. That way you can still have your Data working after the flash
  12. CellZealot

CellZealot New Member

It's actually a bit more complicated than I stated it there but not terribly so.

The first thing you need is the SPC in order to be able to use QPST to back up the service programming. Either get it by calling Sprint, if they are willing to give it to you, or use another software tool called RadioComm to read a specific memory address, seem 2786 record 0001 bytes length E and you will find the SPC there. This is the key to the whole thing going smoothly and trouble free.

[​IMG]

Then you use QPST and enter that SPC when requested in the pop-up to read and save the service programming. Then flash the phone and write back the service programming after it's done and then reactivated the phone with Sprint.

The hardest part of all this is using all the various software tools required for the different steps. The actual flashing is very simple given no issues arise.
  13. alicia.cya

alicia.cya New Member

DIDja get this done Im looking for a tutorial also!?
  14. q8lover

q8lover New Member

Thank you guys For keeping the thread alive, remember, when asking around about the ALLTEL MONSTER! it's HERE!
  15. TexasAir7033

TexasAir7033 New Member

Great but no mms

Hey guys, first of all I want to say thanks so much for this. The day I got the phone from Verizon I flashed it to Alltel. That was almost two years ago and I haven't had MMS or Data since. After I did this procedure, which by the way worked wonderfully, the phone had Windows Mobile 6.1 and also, as a shock to me, had data working too. My only problem is that the phone still doesn't have MMS which is a major part of my life that I would love to have back:016:upset. If anybody has any information that would help me I would greatly appreciate it. I was running the Verizon Q9M on an Alltel network with Alltel's Q9C programming. I am still running on the Alltel network, although it is Verizon now, and now after this flash I have Verizon's Q9M programming with Windows Mobile 6.1.

Thanks so much in advance guys!:dft010:big_smile
  16. mrcrash

mrcrash New Member

kk i followed the directions step by step and i dont have mms messaging at all can send or recieve them and when i try to send them i get a message saying error: loing failed.ensure u have the correct login information

can someone please explain what i am doing wrong as soon as possible
  17. jeff^d

jeff^d New Member

Thank you!

Just did this yesterday and now have 6.1, sliding panels, and data/MMS all working! Phone seems great, 6.1 is a HUGE improvement and I can't understand why they wouldn't release it "officially".

One very important step is missing from the original post:

- The file "Alltel_MSS_Files_and_Settings.zip" contains 11 files, one you need to important in the registry (Alltell MMS.cereg) and the other 10 you need to move into your Windows folder on your Q.

I only imported the file into my registry and MMS did not work, I could receive but not send. Found the original thread by Jimvb (linky here) and discovered I hadn't quite finished yet. Once I copied the files into Windows and rebooted, MMS started working!

Good luck. Thanks to everyone who posted with advice. This really makes the Q a better phone.