My First Post - My listing of motorola q9c flashes

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by q8lover, May 21, 2009.

1. q8lover

q8lover New Member

My First Post - My listing of motorola q9c flashes

So i just got finished compiling this together many will appreciate this.

View

alltel green and black upgrades, and monster, and YES the monster will give you full mms/data
    Flash monster then upgrade, or flash the verizon upgrade and run the fix available at this post for mms

Included:
    Verizon q9c upgrade and monster (6.1)
    Verizon q9m Monster (6.0)
    Generic WM6.1 without mms
    Alltel monster and green/black upgrade (all 6.0)
    Sprint WM6.1 Monster

A guide to flashing and getting alltel mms with vzw6.1

First download and install RSDLite and the morola drivers install
    RSDLite: http://www.motorolafans.com/forums/...75850-rsdlite-download-here-rsdlite_4.5.3.zip

Motorola USB drivers: http://developer.motorola.com/docst...t_USB_Driver/Handset_USB_Driver_32_v3.7.0.msi

iNSTALL THEM/
    sorry for caps above.

Now run rsdlite after plugging your phone in.
    Download and unrar the alltel monster flash
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tzunywfmjz3

Flash that

After that flash is complete
    dial *228 and let alltel program your phone
    then Flash this one the verizon update file
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yetzzdy4jtq

Then it'll boot up and it'll have the verizon home screen etc.

Now to get mms working you

First you'll have to unlock your phone's registry you'll do that by running this program found here: http://smartappsworld.com/thread-unlock-zip-and-new-unlock-cab
    Run the cab file from your phone after it installs navigate to start -> accessories -> htc unlock open it
    then press your right soft key which is "unlock"
    let it do it's thing it'll bring you back to the program screen in which it will say "done" on your left soft key
    make sure your phone is plugged in at this point to your computer and connected via active sync

Download this program: http://ceregeditor.mdsoft.pl/ceregedit_setup.exe

install CEregedit

Run it from your computer
    NOW DOWNLOAD THIS FILE: http://rapidshare.com/files/223646062/Alltel_MSS_Files_and__Settings.zip
    unzip it then open ceregedit back up
    then proceed to select edit -> import navigate to the file you just unzipped let it do it's thing
    And then restart your phone

The mms portion is brought to you by jimvb props to you :)
  2. tktouch12

tktouch12 New Member

alright, this looks very good, but im very confused what you just said
    so this will give me wm6.1 on my alltel q9c with mms??
    because that would be great, but how do i do it. i saw uprgade and monster and flash, etc, but sorry im new to all this
    so please explain what exactly i need to do to get wm6.1 with mms on my alltel q9c
    thank you very much
  3. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

I doubt it, the OP doesn't specify that the alltel flash files are 6.1
  4. q8lover

q8lover New Member

No you have to flash the verizon UPGRADE not monster after you flash the alltel monster first to get 6.1
  5. tktouch12

tktouch12 New Member

o, but doesnt it have the generic 6.1 then dont you just have to flash it with the alltel monster thing to get mms?
    ya, im a little confused
  6. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

IIRC the generic 6.1 is more for the european model of the Q9h
    and even if you were to flash with that, when you flashed the alltel ROM, the generic would be overwritten
  7. q8lover

q8lover New Member

Then generic is just that generic it is not carrier spec. it's for the q9c/q9m not the gsm model.
    it does not have mms support built in, i just sent you fulll step-by-step to get 6.1 with fully working mms :) happy flashing to you :D
  8. tktouch12

tktouch12 New Member

sorry, im new to all this
    if some one could give me a more detailed explaination that would be great
    im on 6.0 alltel with no custom mods or anything. i want to get to 6.1 on alltel with mms
    what is everything i need to do in order
    if some one could answer this, i would really appreciate it
  9. q8lover

q8lover New Member

check your pm's.
  10. tommy247365

tommy247365 New Member

This works as written... Did it about two weeks ago, have had no problems at all...

One side benefit is the increased volume through the phones speakers.. Must be a 6.1 thing..

Good luck!
  11. tktouch12

tktouch12 New Member

i finally got around to doing this and it worked perfectly very easily
    thank you so muck
  12. tktouch12

tktouch12 New Member

actually, i followed everything perfectly but now i tried to send an mms and it didnt go.
    it said could not send all messages, so i did the send/receive thing that used to work, but it still didnt send
    i dont know why?
  13. tktouch12

tktouch12 New Member

actually i can receive them but i just get that problem when sending
  14. oNs JUGGERNAUT

oNs JUGGERNAUT New Member

ok im trying to get 6.1 on my q9c on sprint. what exactly do I have to do, can anyone please explain, help is much appreciated
  15. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

go to the moto website and hook your Q up to the PC and download the update with there updater
  16. flaav8r

flaav8r New Member

Went to Motorola's web site and downloaded the installer. It said my phone was out of warranty and wouldn't let me upgrade to WM6.1.
    Please shed some more light on how to do the Sprint monster update.

Thanks in advance.
  17. oNs JUGGERNAUT

oNs JUGGERNAUT New Member

same thing happened to me. So I called my local sprint service center to see if they could update the phone for me and they said they could. So I went to the store and gave them my phone and they said it would be ready in about an hour. so I went back home. An hour later called them to check if it was done and they said call back in 40 minutes, so I cal back an hour later and they tell me my phone is ready. So I go to the store to pick it up and they tell me they couldn't update it. So I take my phone back home and figure out myself how to flash it.

But after doing so I had no service on my phone, so I called sprint customer service and got them to get phone service back on, but I didnt notice that my data service wasnt working. After not having my phone working all day I only had phone service for the rest of the week and I didn't call sprint back till friday to try and get data service back on.

so Im on the phone with sprint and they are trying to walk me through on getting data service back on my phone, and the guy says he can't do it. so He says that they have to send me a new phone, and I ask min if the new phones have WM 6.1 on there and he says he doesnt know. all that trouble for them to send me a new phone that might have WM 6.1 on it. It shouldt be that hard to update your phone to a slighty better os. Total BS.
  18. tktouch12

tktouch12 New Member

the exact thing happened to me (except with alltel) they couldnt get data working after i upgraded myself and the guy was just like, how bout we send u a new phone, so whatever thats cool and i hope mine has 6.1 but im not sure
  19. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

Motorola Software update makes it easy, and generally does it right. The problem is that Motorola isn't allowed to update the software if your phone is out of warranty for legal reasons. With RSD lite, it does pretty much the same thing, but you have to make sure all the settings are right before you flash. Using RSD for sprint phones isn't quite as easy as it is for other carriers
  20. flaav8r

flaav8r New Member

Is there a tutorial posted anywhere that shows how to do this for the Sprint phone? If not, would someone be willing to post the instructions?