My battery life sucks...

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by tsl141, Oct 1, 2007.

1. tsl141

tsl141 New Member

My battery life sucks...

Ok, when I first got my Moto 9m the battery life was so-so, my last phone was a m900 so I'm used to the 3 hour talk time or so. Now that I've been playing around with my phone (and adding new programs) my battery life is HORRIBLE. For instance, today, I had a full charge at 5 PM, took it off the charger at 5 PM, made 2 phone calls that lasted about 5 mins tops total, and sent/received about 4 text messages total. By 11 PM, my battery life was down to 50%. What gives? I even deleted a bunch of programs. The only things I have on my phone now are Google Maps, Youtube, Right Key, Candlelight, Palringo, and Yahoo Mobile. I even downloaded SKtools to clean up my phone, and I have most of my programs on the SD card. BTW, I cleaned my phone, and deleted unused programs before I took it off the charger. What gives? Is my battery shot? Is it my phone? What should I do? There is no way that my phone should be at 50% battery life within 6 hours of being off the charger, and only 6 mins tops of talk time.
  2. BamaDave

BamaDave New Member

I have had mine for one week now and will probably take it back very soon. My battery life sucks as well. I believe the culprit is that the phone's processor is running at 100% constantly. I noticed my battery life today go to zero in about 2 hours.....no phone calls. I checked the processor and it is at 100%, I tried to "kill all" and it didn't help. I restarted the phone and it freed up the processor to below 10%. I believe the phone or the mobile 6 is still very buggy. Good luck with yours, good riddens to mine.
  3. gmardre

gmardre New Member

I would suggest you both do some digging around on this forum. Search for "Battery" and Battery life....there are things you can do that will dramatically change the experience for you.

gm
  4. coop5571

coop5571 New Member

It's also possible you have a bad battery, less likely but still possible is that the unit or software is bad. But you can get a replacement at no charge. If you don't like the phone that's one thing, but I'd hate to see you give up cause something may be defective. I have had (2) Q's the original silver and now the Q9m. I have not had any problems with either one of them. I get much better battery life on the new one. 24 plus hours vs 12 plus hours. I'm in a very bad signal area for most of the week. When I'm in a good signal area I can get 48 plus hours of life. Good luck to you.