Mute cannot be disabled on my Q?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by Ceya, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Ceya

Ceya New Member

Mute cannot be disabled on my Q?

After receiving my refurbished Q from Ebay in the mail yesterday, the seller was able to activate it on Page Plus Cellular. There seems to be a problem with the battery charging properly so the seller is sending a new one. I did not try to make any calls on the phone until today. (I sent a text last night and it worked; I have also accessed the web - all while having the phone connected to the power cord).

So, I tried to make my first phone call today and while I could hear the person I called perfectly clear, they could not hear me at all. I've enable and disabled the mute function which appears when the phone is in call mode and it did nothing. I also adjusted the volume without success. My husband immediately tried to call me back from his landline phone and while my phone did ring, and I answered - he still could not hear me.

Since then, I have tried calling our other cell phone as well as our home land line and while I am able to connect, no one can hear me talking. I can hear them.

As an added bonus problem: We tried calling the phone from our landline and I just get a message saying "I'm sorry your call cannot be completed as dialed. Please try again...". But I when I call out on the Page Plus phone, it connects - the person just can't hear me.

My PagePlus account shows as being active with the TNT plan as of yesterday.

The dealer is offering me another phone - but before I totally ditch this one has anyone got a clue what's going on?

1) Not able to disable the mute
    2) Not being able to call the Page Plus phone any longer

Thank you in advance-
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

a master reset could probably fix it
    although if the seller is willing to send you a new one i would take them up on it rather than mess with this one, you could fix it in an hr or a week
  3. Ceya

Ceya New Member

And I would be fine trying the Master Reset (and running it by the seller as well) - my big question on doing that is, will it impact my Page Plus service in any way?
  4. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

its possible that it could ruin those settings

i havent never heard of page plus so chances are there are settings that will need to get back, if you run it by your seller then perhaps they can dictate those to you