Must have apps for the Q?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by gjackson78, Jun 27, 2006.

1. SuperChicken

SuperChicken New Member

Phester can you hit me up with a link to the Sirius feed program you mentioend? I'd love to have Sirius with me all day (if in fact this is for Sirius Sat Radio):2cool:
  2. SuperChicken

SuperChicken New Member

3. bkehn

bkehn New Member

TCPMP question

when i downloaded TCPMP from the link above and ran the program on my Q it told me that the program is made for the older Windows Mobile Device Systems and that it may encounter problems is this normal? and has anyone had problems yet? i selected ok for the question...so i just wanted to see if this was unusual? I also wanted to add the fact that i saved the device to my mini SD card not the Device will this have any effect on the program? should i uninstall it and save it to the actual device?
  4. SuperChicken

SuperChicken New Member

I only installed the Sirius WM5 software peice and it runs fine using the Media player. I did not installed the piece you mentioned so I cannot answer
  5. DscoDogg

DscoDogg New Member

I just downloaded the Sirius WM5 and TCPMP from geekstoolbox yesterday. Just used the Q to download and saved both on the device memory and everything works flawless! Thanks to all who posted links and info. This is now by far the best phone I ever had!!
  6. trent_duke

trent_duke New Member

Use the software from geekstoolbox.com and install to your device.

Trent
  7. RuleXXII

RuleXXII New Member

What reason is there to have TCPMP when the Q already comes with Windows Media Player? Is it that additional file formats are supported? Thanks.
  8. disastrid

disastrid New Member

I love Candlelight and Google Maps Mobile (very useful if you do a lot of driving or mapquesting in general).
  9. VTDr0p0ut

VTDr0p0ut New Member

That... and it's like running Firefox instead of lynx on a Linux machine :-p. All kidding aside, I think WMP is great for Music, but leaves MUCH to be desired for video playback, where TCPMP is the exact opposite.
  10. scottjb

scottjb New Member

Also, if you use certain voice mail services, WMP won't play the .wav files. For example, Vonage sends me an email with the .wav attached. WMP won't play it, TCPMP will.
  11. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

already mentioned once or more, i just started using it and can't believe i waited so long w/ trying it is Resco Explorer & the Registry Addon, you should see for example the difference w/ how fast Resco "reads" the Windows directory compared to the build-in File Manager.

other favorites
    - inbox extender
    - Google Maps
    - SmartPhoneNotes
    - Pocket Light
    - Facade
  12. Rider

Rider New Member

WMP was terrible for videos, but I got rid of TCPMP and bought their commercial product CorePlayer. TCPMP would do the white screen thing on exit, and made my phone unstable leading to crashes when I synced it. I hate pulling the battery! But CorePlayer, which was only $20, has been totally stable and has been working very well for me and has a lot of great features. I particularly like the way it plays the AVC (also known as H.264) codec, which gives excellent quality with compression about 40% smaller than the same movie in an AVI format.
  13. wannaQ

wannaQ New Member

My favorites include:

PushEffect (indispensable for POP3 push email)
    PocketLight
    OxiosNotes
    AlarmsToday
    SlingPlayer
    USB Modem (Q as USB modem Mac/PC)
  14. joseserrano

joseserrano New Member

Tcpmp

Where can I get this for free?

thanks
  15. emsdave

emsdave New Member

New2Q Ebook Help

Hi everyone. I'm expecting my new Sprint Q any day now. I am an old hand at PPC but new to this whole smartphone thing. Could you please enlighten me as to available reader software? I gather that my other WM5 apps will not run on this device. Is there a work-around or hack? Any other info will be greatly appreciated.
    Dave

david_l_taylor_nremtp@hotmail.com
  16. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

what are you planning on reading ?
  17. emsdave

emsdave New Member

Reading Ebooks on the Q

I would like to access many document formats such as: .pdb. .lit, .txt and other common ebook formats. PDF would be nice also. I did find out that MS has not release a reader version for the phone edition software. That sucks! I hope they get a clue. Thanks again for the assist.

Dave
  18. FourTwenSesh

FourTwenSesh Active Member

Bell's Q can read PDF's out of the box......I have always been able to read those documents and never installed any software.
  19. emsdave

emsdave New Member

Got myQ!!!!!

Yea! My new Q came in yesterday and it has been almost everything I hoped for in my first "smartphone". It does read PDF and .doc files. I have now heard about "tiny e-book reader". has anyone used this? Is it good?

Dave
  20. anita handle

anita handle New Member

question about sirius... possibly a dumb question... brace yourself... ;)

So should I assume that the only way to tap into the serius feed is by being a sirius subscriber. is this correct?