Mundu IM

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by theicepelican, May 16, 2007.

1. theicepelican

theicepelican New Member

Mundu IM

Hey all... My trial just expired on Mundu IM, and I was wondering if anyone has any strong argument as to why I shouldn't put down the whopping $11 on it... I like the program but was wondering if anyone had any other feedback on it... Thanks All
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

compared to 44 bucks for agile (i think its agile) i would recommend mundu...i had the trial and love the program...just never got around to purchasing it
  3. catallah

catallah New Member

You could always try to use IM+, I have it on my moto Q from sprint and it works very well. If you are worried about paying for the program you might want to look into http://www.pxdxa.com/index.php under smartphones. I have found tons of programs on this site.
  4. Snuzzi8

Snuzzi8 New Member

I tried amlost every mobile IM program and ended up getting Agile for the simple fact that it does not mess up my buddy list. On all of the other programs when I signed into AIM a lot of my buddies were missing. Agile is a good program and I would recomend it.
  5. beagleboy

beagleboy New Member

I have been using it without issue...it's basic and does the job. Much cheaper then IM+ and some of the other options.
  6. dcdomain

dcdomain New Member

The only thing that has kept me from really looking into IM on my phone is the fact that everytime I'm on the data connection, phone calls get blocked and routed to my voicemail.

I'm guessing that you guys either:
    1. Aren't on IM that much to cause much concern.
    2. Don't mind having all your calls go to voicemail.
    3. Figured out a way to be on AIM and still receive calls (please tell me this is the case :tounge:).
  7. catallah

catallah New Member

What provider do you have, Sprint allows phone calls to go through when I am on IM....weird
  8. n99hockey

your phone should default to voice over data...ill get kicked off-line for an incoming call...i have vzw
  9. theicepelican

theicepelican New Member

i do too, you might wanna pose that question to the sprint forums because i havent had that problem either
  10. n99hockey

do a search of thr forum for this topic....voice preferene over data connection....i remember a week or so ago a member posted how to switch back and forth between those settings....this will help you....if you cant find it i will search when i get to a PC

- Sent from my Q
  11. xlotusx

xlotusx New Member

i'm with sprint and i also had this problem, until i found this thread:
    http://www.everythingq.com/forum/sprint/cannot-receive-calls-while-using-evdo-3438.html
    basically you just go to the phone application, dial ##33284#, and press call. a secret menu should pop up then you just go to field test menu > then turn DDTM off. i'm not sure what this does exactly but i believe it sets the phone so that voice calls take priority over data transfers when your browsing or using aim or whatever.

as far as mundo im goes, i believe its not too bad. the only problem i ran into was that i couldnt set a custom availability message. other than that, it did its job fairly well. i'm still deciding whether or not i should purchase it since i have an awesome messaging client on my other phone.

does anybody know any im programs that allows you to go into aim chatrooms? i'm in a beta group and we always go into chatrooms to discuss the things that we test. thanks in advance
  12. jrstinkfish

jrstinkfish New Member

I just started using Mundu again today, and it's got weird quirk that I don't remember from my trial period. When I'm chatting, and the text hits the bottom of the screen (where the input box is), the last message gets cut off, like it's putting it under the input box. I can see the sliced-off top of the contact's name right above the input box in blue, but the rest of their name and their message is underneath the input box. Scrolling down doesn't help. If I go to the contact list then come back to the chat, everything looks fine until the next message is sent. I don't remember this happening in the trial version, or I would've never purchased it. Anyone else have this issue?? I'm thinking it's the giant Mundu graphic at the top of the chat window that's throwing things off.
  13. jrstinkfish

jrstinkfish New Member

Something else I noticed bout Mundu is that it will randomly shut itself down. You never know if it's done it until you click on the icon to bring it back up, and you get the Mundu splash screen as it loads and reconnects. It's definitely got some quirks that make it not ready for prime-time (can't change the IM alert sound? Wha??). Compared to the high prices of the other chat programs, it's a good deal, but I have a hard time believing this is a 4.0 version of a product.
  14. norcatalyst126

norcatalyst126 New Member

I downloaded a version of Mundu about 2 months ago and it worked perfect.....They recently had an updated version, downloaded that, and I get this same problem....I have to send whoever i'm IM'ing blank messages so I can read what they said and then explain why....Its annoying!!!....Another thing I don't like about the new version is for some reason I can't log on to MSN....
  15. gaines

gaines New Member

I've experienced the same issue. I'm hoping that Trillian Astra will be a nice alternative for the smartphone when it's released as I got used to the nice features in Trillian such as meta contacts.
  16. samster

samster New Member

I was having the same issue so I contacted them. They immediately sent a new version that, as far as I can tell, has this problem corrected.
  17. jrstinkfish

jrstinkfish New Member

So there's not a publicly available version that fixes the problem? I am using the latest version from their site. Well, I'm not using it right now, I gave up and went back to Octro.
  18. samster

samster New Member

This was the reply to my email:

"We apologize for the inconvenience caused while using mundu IM V4.
    A recent update of mundu IM on the Smartphone platform seems to have
    caused some display problems with the chat window on certain models.
    Attached is an updated build. Kindly download and install the same on
    your device and let us know if the problem persists.
    Thanks & Regards,
    mundu IM Team. "

I'm not sure why it's not available on the site, but this is what they sent:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5vl2js

I haven't had that issue with this version.
  19. jrstinkfish

jrstinkfish New Member

Thanks! I'll download that and see if it fixes things. I've actually grown to like Octro more and more (until it goes pay, ugh ...), but maybe this release fixes some of the other things I found annoying about Mundu.
  20. norcatalyst126

norcatalyst126 New Member

I downloaded that software mentioned in post #18....Works PERFECT!!!!!....And for some reason with the old software I wasn't able to log into MSN....Now I can, and see the last IM sent....