multiple calanders and contacts

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by packetsmacker, Nov 3, 2010.

1. packetsmacker

packetsmacker New Member

i am not sure if anyone would know this yet but i figure i would try.

i have a blackberry :( i am going to get one of the new windows phones as soon as i see one in the best buy down the street. one issue i have with my BB is this. we use google to host our email at work. i do not sync my calender or my contact with it because i don't want my personal stuff on my work calendar. does anyone know how the windows phone will deal with this? i need separate calendar and contacts functionality. I don't care if it shows both of them on the same view like with a different color or something i just don't want to sync it with work stuff.
  2. meridian

meridian Member

From what I've read, you're allowed one calendar per account+service. So your work and personal gmail accounts should be able to coexist. Where you run into problems is if you have multiple calendars associated with one account.

But I don't have my WP7 phone yet, so can't claim personal experience.
  3. termleech

termleech Member

You can have one calender per account. Kind of a bummer since I have multiple gmail calendars set up but as long as it's different accounts you are good. I've got both my work and personal google mail set up and both are syncing calendars, contacts and email just fine.