Multi-Page Text Messages?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by Dietrich Ginocchio, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Dietrich Ginocchio

Dietrich Ginocchio New Member

I just got and activated my HTC Arrive today. I love it so far. The only problem is that I can't seem to send text messages longer than 160-characters long. I know that's a standardized limit, but on my old phone I could still type them out and the phone would send the message out in multiple parts. With WP7, though, it simply says my message is too long and grays out the send button until I delete enough of the message so that it's short enough. The WP7 "How-To" website says that I should be able to type a long message and it will automatically send it parts, but my phone won't seem to let me do that. Plus I have friends using WP7 who have had no problem sending multi-part texts before. What am I doing wrong? My phone is an HTC Arrive on Sprint.
  2. jaysonben

jaysonben Member

I have no problems sending out long text messages. It might be a carrier limited thing to Sprint.
  3. Dietrich Ginocchio

Dietrich Ginocchio New Member

Nope. My last phone had no problem sending multi-page texts. I know it's not Sprint.
  4. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

You're not the only one with the problem. It seems it's happening to all Arrive users. There is no clear indication of who's fault is either, MS or Sprint. I have not heard of fix so far.
  5. Bucket O'Bits

Bucket O'Bits New Member

I'm having this same problem with my LG Quantum on AT&T. I can receive multi-page texts, but can't send them. Or to be more precise, the phone SAYS the texts are sent--but the recipients never receive them.
  6. James Kiss

James Kiss New Member

I remember having this problem with the Arrive on Sprint. I was coming from an iPhone and it annoyed me.
  7. TheDFO

TheDFO Member

My Focus on ATT lets me send long txts. So it's not a generic WP7 issue. Hope you get help.