MSNBC.com Mobile Launched

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by Pekkle, Apr 4, 2007.

1. yossarian

yossarian New Member

Finally just worked. Odd.
  2. qnoob

qnoob New Member

cool . . . but will it always be updated?
  3. trent_duke

trent_duke New Member

I am a huge MSNBC junki and recommeded their mobile site for news months back.

However...

This is what I am talking about. Way to go MSNBC. Makes us love the Q even more.

And I like the fact that I can pick which video news to watch considering Verizon is watching your data usage.

Trent
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

anybody else have trouble going back from watching a video clip ? often times it returns me to the start menu (where i don't wanna be, i want to stay in the application)
  5. westonea

westonea New Member

I'v had no issues with it, and I'v been running it for 2-3 months now. Googled it and found a link that said Audiovox smart phone, and d-loaded it. No problems, and even got the update this past month. Very nice to watch in the AM riding the metro to work.
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

never mind.... <hehe> i have to still get used to using the back button on the side of the Q and not the back space :}
  7. hecubusq

hecubusq New Member

I also keep getting the "not supported" message on my sprint Q. I repeatedly hit the back button in order to retry the link, but I just keep getting that darned message.

For those who initially received the same message, what changed for you that allowed you to eventually download it? Did you just keep hitting the link until it worked?
  8. yossarian

yossarian New Member

Just kept trying, eventually it worked. No idea why. I can upload the cab this evening.
  9. punch

punch New Member

I'm not that impressed. If WMP has to buffer the whole thing hangs, and if you try cancel out the video stays open and you can hear the audio from it on your speakers while the whole phone is frozen up. Gotta wait a little bit then try and kill the media player.

I think video on it is pretty clunky because it has to launch WMP separately.

And I can get the Today show highlights (yuk.. that show is horrible) but no sports clips?
  10. jayman

jayman New Member

Wow! Excellent Find! ... Watching the news in full screen!
  11. mikemcq

mikemcq New Member

hey punch, i was having the same issue. then i set TCPMP to be default, now the MSNBC auto opens with it, set it to not play until it is 90% buffered and it has been working really good. it will take a little longer to start the vid cause of the buffeing, but its well worth the wait. hope this helps.
  12. trent_duke

trent_duke New Member

My WM plays just fine but the audio seems a little muffled. My Today Show videos seems to have duplicates and doesnt seem to be updating :embarassed: assuming they are suppose to. Anyone else showing the same?

Trent
  13. hanski9

hanski9 New Member

I have a couple that show as dup's, but for the most part, my list is clean.
  14. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

it's weird, as far as i could see the files that are played are .WMV, TCPMP associated with that extension, yet the files are played in WMP anyway..

that is not cool :}
  15. punch

punch New Member

How do you set the default media player? I'm using coreplayer.
  16. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i went into TCPMP and set the file associations...
  17. nivek911

nivek911 New Member

I've tweaked my TCPMP buffer settings and it still pauses after about 10 seconds with the spinner. I have TCPMP installed on my SD card.. could that be causing the lag?

Any way to view in TCPMP the bufferring as it is occuring like you can with Windows Media Player? That might help me determine where the issue is.
  18. Stealth

Stealth New Member

By any chance does TCMP help when streaming one of those filetypes? ie make it faster or smoother?
  19. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

haven't really messed with it since.. so i am still watching it in WMP and no delays/lags to speak of on my end..