MS Exchange Server Problems

Discussion in 'Windows PC and Moto Q' started by Vazguard, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

MS Exchange Server Problems

So I did a master reset to hopefully fix a problem I've been having with my phone, and of course this removes my MS ES setup. But when I try to re-set it up, I can't get it to work! I'm entering the exact info that worked before, and the same info works with MS Outlook 07. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I'm using the Sprint Q9c.
  2. lexicon

lexicon New Member

You're going to have to be more explicit with regards to the type of error. At what point in the process is it having issues? During logging on? Is it asking for your password again? Can it not find the server?
  3. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

It gives me this error:
    I know that I need the security cert., but I don't know how I got it on the phone in the first place. What's weirder is that if I run the exchange setup in Windows Mobile Device Center, it still won't work, even though Outlook works.
  4. lexicon

lexicon New Member

WMDC will set it up for your phone, but since your phone still requires the cert it obviously won't work. Your desktop outlook is working because you most likely have the certificate available. I would check with your IT Dept. for this.
  5. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

That's really weird because I had it set up before without ever contacting anyone.
  6. lexicon

lexicon New Member

Ok, lets break it down. my exchange does not require a cert so I thought this was just a policy that your admin has. Try deleting the server source and partnership and beginning again. hopefully it's just a weird glitch.
  7. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Haha. I figured it out. I confused server addresses.
  8. lexicon

lexicon New Member

great. Sorry I couldn't have been more help; but good that you got it back up and running.
  9. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

No problem. Thanks for posting.