MS Bluetooth stack / Sniper questions

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Skipper, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Skipper

Skipper New Member

MS Bluetooth stack / Sniper questions

I got Sniper for my Q and when i open it, it claims I have an unsupported Bluetooth Stack. When I looked at the requirements for Sniper, it said I needed the Microsoft Bluetooth Stack.

My questions:
    Where can i get MS bluetooth stack? I cant find it anywhere!

does that stack conflict with my current stack, or does it not matter?

Is sniper even worth all this trouble?

thanks guys!
  2. inf3st

inf3st New Member

If I'm not mistaken Sniper will not work on the Q. That's what I've read so far.
  3. mad3963

mad3963 New Member

4. mccarob

mccarob New Member

What do you mean his answer lies.. your posting to UNSUPPORTED devices. As in the Q and all those other devices will not work with Sniper. Unless my cold is getting the best of me.. thats the way I read it.

The Q runs a different type of stack. And the bluetooth stack isn't something you can just install a different piece of software to make it work.
  5. mad3963

mad3963 New Member

???????????

lies, as in it can be found there. That is the Sniper developer's forum and it states that Sniper WILL NOT work with those devices, including the Q.

Maybe my cold has me so out of it that I'm misunderstanding your misunderstanding of what I said. Or maybe there is no misunderstanding at all. Do you understand what I'm saying concerning the possible misunderstandings?
  6. troutseth

troutseth Guest

By answer lies there, I think he meant that the answer is "no you cannot do it" and here is the discussion thread.

So onto the reason I am posting . . . out of curiosity, what does Sniper do that I cannot current do with my Q?
  7. mccarob

mccarob New Member

I thought your post was saying that inf3st post was wrong, and that Sniper would work on a Q. Simple misunderstanding.
  8. mad3963

mad3963 New Member

Figured as much. Was just messing with you. :laugh2:
  9. mccarob

mccarob New Member

Hehe, no problems... is it 5 yet? I'm ready to call it a day. LOL
  10. mad3963

mad3963 New Member

5!?!?!? I'm just waitin on 3:30. :wink:
  11. Skipper

Skipper New Member

Bah. Thanks guys!
    thats all I needed :laugh2:
  12. CrissyQ

CrissyQ New Member

Bluejacking. Its a little mischievious if you ask me - but seems harmless if not used heavily for spamming! Here's the skinny from GadgetApps:

Do you like chatting with people you don’t know? Do you want to be able easily share multimedia files with your friends? Do you hate the cost of MMS? Well now you can do it all via BlueTooth!

Using Sniper you can send/receive and reply to text messages from other BlueTooth equipped phones. Sniper also contains a BlueTooth scanner which will locate discoverable BlueTooth devices in your vicinity to start socializing with. Sniper will also allow you to transfer files between devices as well as messages. Sniper also includes a Bluejacking feature which means you can send files or messages to all devices within range at the same time. A useful feature for sending out Business cards at meetings! Since BlueTooth is short range 10-12 meters and does not use a Wireless carriers data network, all this messaging and data transfer is FREE.
  13. -Q-

-Q- New Member

here than i will ask the question..does anyone know where i can download bluetooth stack?
  14. zenkinz

zenkinz New Member

honestly, I don't know why people would sacrifice a Widcomm stack for a 'silly' function like Sniper. Widcomm is in my mind the most robust yet user-friendly bluetooth stack you can ever find, you can connect or disconnect any bluetooth device anytime, the handsfree and stereo audio quality is the best you can in the market. My previous MS BT-stacked PPC phone always have nosie when connected to my handsfree carkit, but with Q9h, it's clear as crystal.

PS: silly because it's to me (quite geeky to talk to some stranger in this manner) but that's just me :p