Mp3 Ringtones

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by kowner, Nov 4, 2007.

1. jmj12us

jmj12us New Member

I made my mp3 file into a .wma file and it works. It needs to be under 300 or so to work, but it does.

Jim
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

that could very well be the issue here.. hard to believe they would go forward with a new product that is able of less, then again stranger things have happened.

pyrobling: can you in any way confirm this also ?

OP: so it's solved ?
  3. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

see up ^^ ..i think it is more then odd but hey if it works, that's great.
  4. jnelms

jnelms New Member

costerguy...what ur email...im sending you a file to try to cut down and convert for me.
  5. coasterguy59

coasterguy59 New Member

My email is loneheart09@yahoo.com If anyone else would like me to do ringtones for me just send the song or what ever sound file you want and Im pretty sure I can get it to work.
  6. mxpimp47

mxpimp47 New Member

all i do is change the file to a lower bit rate - which is changing the size obviously. but i make all my own ringtones. and though my tones are short like 30 sec clips i still had to change the bit rate of the file and then it would show up EVEN THOUGH IT WAS IN THE RIGHT DIRECTORY!!! that might help it worked for me, and i have alllllllllll my ringtones that i use on other devices!
  7. I have no problems with ringtones being a certain size limit or file format.
    However, I don't want a huge file taking up memory so I trim them.
    I use a q9m.
  8. alexithemoi

alexithemoi New Member

I dunno. Maybe -- assuming that this rintone limit on the Q9 is a real deal -- it was implemented as a way to encourage users to download and pay for ringtones. Not trying to call shananagins here, just a thought.
  9. jmj12us

jmj12us New Member

Well it will not work on me. I noticed after I changed my mp3 to .wma and size it down that it now plays is a loop until the phone is answered by me or voice mail. It's OK.

jim
  10. coasterguy59

coasterguy59 New Member

And its a very good thought. My mother has a Blackjack and I have set up all her ringtones no problem. But I was wondering why on my Q9 I had to resize and change the file to get it to work.

Oh and can anyone tell me how to change my bitrate? (Im sort of dumb when it comes to that kinda stuff)
  11. daisyd681

daisyd681 New Member

Is that mp3mymp3 link a program that will take say a song on CD and make it an mp3 file? If not how do you do that?
  12. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

from what i understand MP3myMP3 records internet radio and save it as an MP3.. do a Google search for "cd ripper" or something like that. i used AudioGrabber for the longest time.. but there are so many others around.
  13. coasterguy59

coasterguy59 New Member

Yea all the program does is record whatever song or noise is coming from your computer at that moment and then turns it into a mp3 file. Just like above if you want to get a song off a cd just do a gogle search for cd ripper.
  14. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

pretty much what i said :}
  15. LuvrGirl

LuvrGirl Member

Silencing ringer

Running: Moto Q Global, AT&T

I just created my own ringtones and loaded them onto my Q. (Everything works fine with size, folders, etc.) I tested them out and they work perfectly. However, there is something a little bit annoying. I have one set as a call ringer and whenever I get a call and hit one of the side bar buttons it silences the ringer (the call is still showing as calling, but the ringer stops playing). I thought you could also do that with text message ringers as well... apparently not. I assigned another ringer for a text message, and whenever I get a text message it won't silence the ringer. It has to actually play the whole ringtone.

Anybody have any ideas/solutions on this?

Thanks!
    MaRiA
  16. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

only "fix" is a shorter ringer for text messages, there is no way to silence it...
  17. LuvrGirl

LuvrGirl Member

darn! :(

oh well, thanks anyways!
  18. coasterguy59

coasterguy59 New Member

Yea pretty much what you said. I meant to say that i was just stating the same thing you said. Good Job helping though!
  19. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

no problem... it's just one of those things.
  20. Freefall

Freefall New Member

I have read that motorola says the limit is 600k but that AT&T has it set for 299k. I do not know if that is true. But, I do know that a few of my ringtones I recently transfered do not show up in the sound list. I will have to go back and check the file size on the ones that show up vs the ones that don't.