mp3 as ringtone

Discussion in 'Mac and Motorola Q' started by nostar, Oct 8, 2007.

1. nostar

nostar New Member

mp3 as ringtone

Hello all! I just purchased a Moto Q and have many questions. As of this moment I am installing Missing Sync, then Opera.

My question is can I use mp3s from iTunes and turn them into ringtones on the Q?

Thanks.
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

yes
    but you will have to remove the itunes mp4 format i believe for it to work right
    use tunebite for that
    www.tunebite.com

also, keep in mind that a ringtone will only go for 30 seconds before hitting voicemail
    AND
    if you use a mp3 for a text tone that it WILL NOT STOP when you open the text so pick a 2 to 3 second sounds for those if you want to use a text tone
  3. nostar

nostar New Member

hmmm...

ok, i've edited some files, saved as mp3s, now how do i get the moto q to recognize them and play them as ringtones?
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

copy them to \Application Data\Sounds on your Q.. or if you have a storage card to the root of it.
  5. nuccio

nuccio New Member

Pretty easy-

After I connecting my Q9m to my MBP via Bluetooth, I used MP3Trimmer (http://www.deepniner.net/mp3trimmer/) to cut down a MP3 to the desired section and length, then dragged it into the "My Ringtone" folder in the Bluetooth File Exchange.

**This might help- I use BluePhoneElite 2, when you install that there is a package you must download. The only way I know how to get the package is to download the trial software of the BPE2 (http://mirasoftware.com/BPE2/)