Motorola Software Update issue - never gets past 0%

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by ciper, Aug 31, 2009.

1. ciper

ciper New Member

Motorola Software Update issue - never gets past 0%

I am trying to use the Moto software update tool to install the latest firmware on my Q and although it is detected properly it never gets past 0% and eventually times out.

When I connect the phone activesync comes up and asks for the phones password, then the synchronization seems to work fine. Is there something I need to do in order to get this flash to complete?

Thanks

edit: I should clarify.

It shows "Updating device software" and goes from 0% to 100% in about ten seconds then goes back to 0% until it finally times out after about 3 minutes. I tried powering down the phone, disconnecting usb, powering up the phone, waiting ten seconds and reconnecting the usb but it still had the same problem.

I have the same issue on two different XP SP3 laptops so I don't believe its a problem with the computer.
  2. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

if you have the Q1, they are pretty much all out of warranty, so there wouldn't be any new software updates
  3. ciper

ciper New Member

I dont believe the phone was ever updated. On both computers I connected it to the Motorola Update software said an update was available.
  4. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

if you do have an original Q...the updates didnt do much. I did one and didnt notice anything. Mod Hockey never did a single one as I recall... =)
  5. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

i did not!
    ran the original firmware from 06 :dft011:tounge_out